Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature delivery now mid/late January

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
US Signature reservation 13xx. Completed configuration on 9/30 and Tesla finalized on 10/6. Configuration is 6 seat, no ludicrous, signature red, 22", going to Texas. Just got an update email from my DS today saying that they are estimating delivery mid to late January. Still no Vin assigned.

Seems likely that they're batching them for production and either my config or location is slowing me down compared to others who configured around the same time.

Steve

US Signature reservation 13xx. Completed configuration on 9/30 and Tesla finalized on 10/6. Configuration is 6 seat, no ludicrous, signature red, 22", going to Texas. Just got an update email from my DS today saying that they are estimating delivery mid to late January. Still no Vin assigned.

Seems likely that they're batching them for production and either my config or location is slowing me down compared to others who configured around the same time.

Steve
Hmmm... Could be the six-seat configuration, perhaps, as that was a late addition to the design studio. Though I think Mark Z. is doing six seats too and he's in the top 5 sigs. I don't think he has posted a delivery date estimate yet, though I could be mistaken. Mark, if you're reading this, do you have an estimated delivery date yet?

US Signature reservation 9xx. confi. on 10/1 and finalized on 10/8. configuration 7 seat, no ludi. sig. red, 22" rim and going to tx. delivered in Louisiana. Just got an update email from my DS today saying that they are estimating delivery early to mid January. Got Vin assigned on 10/24.

Wow, that's disappointing. Was really hoping they'd knock out the Sigs in 2015.

I guess for us Production res holders, there's a faint hope that they'll start building some production models before they finish all the sigs - putting batching logic ahead of conformity with Sig/Production sequence. Probably not though. I'm mid-2000s, hoping for delivery by March...

Wow, that's disappointing. Was really hoping they'd knock out the Sigs in 2015.

I guess for us Production res holders, there's a faint hope that they'll start building some production models before they finish all the sigs - putting batching logic ahead of conformity with Sig/Production sequence. Probably not though. I'm mid-2000s, hoping for delivery by March...

If you are talking March 2017, it may happen. :wink: Even though these times seem longer than we hoped, I am starting to think they may actually be planning on shipping some MXs. Some days you start to question if it will ever happen.

Yeah, now that you mention it, very interesting. A mod could check to see if both sign-ups came from the same or similar IP addresses...

FWIW there is also a member of the Model X facebook page who has reported the same early to mid January timeframe:

Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 3.55.13 PM.png

Thanks for the warm reception. Reminds me of Reddit. Seems there might be a more positive way to welcome newcomers than to accuse them of being trolls. Moving on.

You had an initial warm reception and nobody directly accused anybody of trolling. If you provided any evidence of your order or email stating January delivery this could've all been avoided. There's definite reason behind the skepticism.

Guys, if it's any consolation, your Sigs will be better because of the delay. It means they are making improvements to the car. I'm speaking as a Sig S owner who wouldn't have minded a few months delay knowing what I know now. In the end it all ended up working out, but still.

Thanks for the warm reception. Reminds me of Reddit. Seems there might be a more positive way to welcome newcomers than to accuse them of being trolls. Moving on.

Sorry for the lukewarm greeting, it's just that so many here are on edge over Model X delays that we greet new information from new sources with some skepticism. It's nothing personal. Welcome to the forums though, wish it was with better tidings.

I just spoke to the Service Center regarding delivery dates. I was initially Sign X #911 then got my VIN last Thursday and was moved up to #502. I'm getting Signature Red, 20" Wheels, Ludicrous Mode, Black Leather Interior, wtih the 7 seat configuration, no towing but getting the bike rack attachment. I live in Miami and was told today that I should expect delivery late December to early January. I was pretty shocked and disappointed. That means they are making less than 100 X's per week off the line. Don't get me wrong I'm excited to have an X and get early but still once my configuration was confirmed on October 7th, I thought it would be 4-6 weeks at most to get my car now it's looking like 6-8 weeks from today. Well this is my latest update!

Keep on Keepin' on

Tony

Also, pay much attention to the financial news? There is so much disinformation regarding Tesla it is wise to confirm. You really think there is nobody that would stoop low enough to post what you did just for stock manipulation? Welcome to the forums, it's not personal.

I just spoke to the Service Center regarding delivery dates. I was initially Sign X #911 then got my VIN last Thursday and was moved up to #502. I'm getting Signature Red, 20" Wheels, Ludicrous Mode, Black Leather Interior, wtih the 7 seat configuration, no towing but getting the bike rack attachment. I live in Miami and was told today that I should expect delivery late December to early January. I was pretty shocked and disappointed. That means they are making less than 100 X's per week off the line. Don't get me wrong I'm excited to have an X and get early but still once my configuration was confirmed on October 7th, I thought it would be 4-6 weeks at most to get my car now it's looking like 6-8 weeks from today. Well this is my latest update!

Keep on Keepin' on

Tony

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/52935-Production-ramp-up-discussion/page2
Other than the start dates, I am looking a bit more accurate. I threw a WAG for the first 500ish cars taking 7 weeks to deliver. Sounds also like the holidays will cause a dip in production which should be fully expected. An production facility in any industry should expect a decent percentage of the work force to be off that time frame. Many industries (Detroit cars) just shut down.

Week ending# producedCumulative total
10/2/20152525
10/9/20152550
10/16/201550100
10/23/201550150
10/30/2015100250
11/6/2015100350
11/13/2015250600
11/20/2015250850
11/27/2015100950
12/4/20152501200
12/11/20155001700