Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature red in Seattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can't go wrong with either one. Pearl white is beautiful. It's even the official Bonnie endorsed color I believe.

The argument for Sig red is you can't get it again on the Model X. You could always get a white Model X many years from now if you replaced it with a new one. And it's beautiful as well.

Says the man who's had a White Roadster and a Sig Red Model S. Does anyone smell bias?! ;)

White leather in an SUV? :confused:
Since "Ultra White Seats" is synthetic, Tesla recommended to feel the synthetic leatherette material on the edge of the cloth seats to have a sample how the Ultra White synthetic would feel.

I have enjoyed the white leather in Model S Signature. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser worked wonders on some black ink spots on the white leather and should work well for occasional hard to remove spots on the Ultra White material. Test on an inconspicuous location and use sparingly.

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with either one. Pearl white is beautiful. It's even the official Bonnie endorsed color I believe.

The argument for Sig red is you can't get it again on the Model X. You could always get a white Model X many years from now if you replaced it with a new one. And it's beautiful as well.
Correct me if I am wrong. Unless Bonnie changed her mind, she picked the solid white paint:

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

and here is the reason why:

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip - Page 6

Ah. Missed that. Knew she was getting white but not which version.

I love the pearl white and that's what I would get personally on a new Model S. They new blue might have moved up to first place for me though. Sig red is still my favorite (when it's clean which it rarely is).

Since "Ultra White Seats" is synthetic, Tesla recommended to feel the synthetic leatherette material on the edge of the cloth seats to have a sample how the Ultra White synthetic would feel.

I have enjoyed the white leather in Model S Signature. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser worked wonders on some black ink spots on the white leather and should work well for occasional hard to remove spots on the Ultra White material. Test on an inconspicuous location and use sparingly.

I would worry about the seats getting stained from jeans......the dye rubbing off on the seats.

I would worry about the seats getting stained from jeans......the dye rubbing off on the seats.
Tesla Motors warned us of that back in 2012. Sitting on a light hand towel that is the same color as the white leather prevents dye transfer. Unfortunately, a Pilot Precise V5 Pen dripped blank ink onto the leather instead of the towel at high elevation. I immediately used that towel to daub the ink. Fantastik and a few other cleaners were tried within minutes and it did not help. After 10 seconds with a damp Magic Eraser those blank ink stains were gone, never to return. I used the Magic Eraser one time to remove dyes on the leather seat back that occurred from RedHead cotton shirts sold at Bass Pro Shops. That very slight transfer of color onto the leather occurred over 2 years. Using the Magic Eraser, within seconds, the slight shade of color was gone and the white leather looked like new. The alcantara inserts are a different story, they don't seem to attract the shirt color, so I leave them alone.

Here is a thread on the Alcantara: How to PROPERLY Clean and Maintain Suede and Alcantara