Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature Red Model 3? The cat may be out of the bag.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cdub

OG 2011 Leaf / 2023 Model Y LR
Oct 7, 2014
Glendale, CA
Check this out from today's blog post on charging:

supercharger-expansion-01.jpg

IS THAT A FREAKING SIGNATURE RED MODEL 3 IN THE FRONT? WHY YES... YES IT IS!!! :)

sig3.jpg

Maybe people who waited in line for the 3 are getting something special after all.

:)

Realising it's just a render, but what roof option are they depicting there?

Funny, I was just looking at it and had the same thought. The Model S behind it has an all-glass roof that is completely clear in the same area, so whatever is on the Model 3 doesn't appear to be tinting. And the black on the rear glass has a little bit of a gradient to it, so it doesn't appear to be metal either. Is it supposed to be the mythical solar roof option?

SolarRoof.PNG

Funny, I was just looking at it and had the same thought. The Model S behind it has an all-glass roof that is completely clear in the same area, so whatever is on the Model 3 doesn't appear to be tinting. And the black on the rear glass has a little bit of a gradient to it, so it doesn't appear to be metal either. Is it supposed to be the mythical solar roof option?

View attachment 224314

3D render. The 3D artist could be colouring and tinting with any kind of mapping they made up. Means nothing in the scheme of what will be real. I remember hearing about a S*$tstorm a 3D guy caused once when he did a render for a new lego site and coloured a brick orange just because it looked nice in the design. No such lego piece existed but suddenly people around the world were contacting lego trying to order it :)

• Funny
Reactions: Bokonon