Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature wait list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Nina does look good.. however with the issues that the Karma has had there is no way I would go any were near that car.

I think next week is probably the most important week in Fisker's history (and will probably determine if Fisker will survive long term)...if their new software update fixes most of the issues on the Karma and the Nina is well received at the auto show, then its very likely that the Karma problems were just new car growing pains...

Back on topic....I do not think it is very normal for sig holders to give up their reservations (by themself) this late in the process....My guess is it was an early reservation holder that gave up their reservation when Tesla called to configure their car. We may see some Sig Reservations hit the market here as Tesla starts to call people, to configure their vehicles.

Have fun at the gas station!!!! Zero emissions is what I cant wait for!! Nina looks great, but i have no desire to trade down in technology!

I already got three roadsters so for daily driving I am good to go.....I am looking for something for longer distances. Recently I did a 450 mile road trip in the roadster and you are a better (and more patient) person than I am, if you can spend 4 -6 extra hours for this type of trip. When I had to do the return trip from my destination, I started to get anxiety about what I was going to do to fill the time, while my car charged. Some people like exploring new areas while they are charging; I really just could not wait for my car to charge up as quickly as possible, and get to where I needed to go. I am just an impatient person I guess.

I may still go Model S I just want to see how the Karma & Nina plays out. It is mighty hard to argue with the aesthetics of the Nina. If the range is a honest to goodness 40+ miles it would be hard to say no.

I already got three roadsters so for daily driving I am good to go.....I am looking for something for longer distances. Recently I did a 450 mile road trip in the roadster and you are a better (and more patient) person than I am, if you can spend 4 -6 extra hours for this type of trip. When I had to do the return trip from my destination, I started to get anxiety about what I was going to do to fill the time, while my car charged. Some people like exploring new areas while they are charging; I really just could not wait for my car to charge up as quickly as possible, and get to where I needed to go. I am just an impatient person I guess.

I may still go Model S I just want to see how the Karma & Nina plays out. It is mighty hard to argue with the aesthetics of the Nina. If the range is a honest to goodness 40+ miles it would be hard to say no.

I hear you on that man. I'm considering a Nina too, but I don't think I'd take the S over it. Re: the trip, just curious, how many charges did it take one way? Just one? Or two to be safe?

Got my call as I was leaving work today, and have now upgraded to Signature. I will get my reservation number when they get my $$$ next week.
Woohoo! :biggrin:
I'm curious as to why folks pick the Signature. Obviously, it's a way to get the car sooner. But as someone who generally prefers few, rather than more "features" I'd be interested to know what in particular appeals to people in the full-loaded version. Or are most Sig reservation holders mostly just in it to get the car sooner than otherwise? The 85 kWh pack is the one item I'd want if I was buying an S. (Which I'm not because I don't need another EV.

...I do not think it is very normal for sig holders to give up their reservations (by themself) this late in the process...
I agree. Considering the size of the deposit, and the fact that people who change their mind can get their deposit back at any time, I'd think it would be unusual for someone to wait for the configure-your-car call to cancel or downgrade.

I already got three roadsters so for daily driving I am good to go...
Three Roadsters? Wow! Is that three Tesla Roadsters, or three generic roadsters?

...I am looking for something for longer distances. Recently I did a 450 mile road trip in the roadster and you are a better (and more patient) person than I am, if you can spend 4 -6 extra hours for this type of trip. When I had to do the return trip from my destination, I started to get anxiety about what I was going to do to fill the time, while my car charged. Some people like exploring new areas while they are charging; I really just could not wait for my car to charge up as quickly as possible, and get to where I needed to go. I am just an impatient person I guess.

This is why I use the Prius for any trip that's too far to make in the Roadster. I do NOT have the patience for hours and hours of charging on the road.

I hear you on that man. I'm considering a Nina too, but I don't think I'd take the S over it. Re: the trip, just curious, how many charges did it take one way? Just one? Or two to be safe?

3 stops each way ranging between 1-2 hours (6 total)....

So do we know when the OP went on the Sig Waitlist? That would help determine what may be going on with cancellations etc.

No new reservation number yet -- I have to send them the increased money first, which I will do next week before the deadline.
As for why to upgrade, when I did all the math on what I want and need in the car, I basically want everything the signature has, plus two more options (rear seats and panoramic roof).
Also, because the only car I have seen is a signature, and it is what I know, that is what I want.

Plus several months sooner :)

No new reservation number yet -- I have to send them the increased money first, which I will do next week before the deadline.
As for why to upgrade, when I did all the math on what I want and need in the car, I basically want everything the signature has, plus two more options (rear seats and panoramic roof).
Also, because the only car I have seen is a signature, and it is what I know, that is what I want.

Plus several months sooner :)

When did you request the upgrade to the sig and get on the waiting list? fairly recently? Just trying to determine how long the waiting list is and how many cancellations may have occurred...

When did you request the upgrade to the sig and get on the waiting list? fairly recently? Just trying to determine how long the waiting list is and how many cancellations may have occurred...

I sent my email to be added on the wait list on the evening that sig reservations ran out. Fun (and sad) story is on that day, I was on the upgrade button site twice when work pulled me away, and when I got home, put the kids to bed, and finally went back to the site, signatures were sold out.

I'm curious as to why folks pick the Signature. Obviously, it's a way to get the car sooner. But as someone who generally prefers few, rather than more "features" I'd be interested to know what in particular appeals to people in the full-loaded version. Or are most Sig reservation holders mostly just in it to get the car sooner than otherwise?
That's what the Tesla agent told me when I asked: most Signature reservers are just in it to get the car sooner.

I admit, I am partly on the list because I'm impatient.

That wouldn't have been enough for me, but the interior of the Signature appears to be polyester-free, which is not available in the Standard. (I don't have confirmation on the headliner or seat stuffing yet.) I'm allergic to polyester. This is worth an awful lot, many thousands of dollars, because it's a massive quality-of-life difference, and the alternative (aftermarket redoing of the interior) could cause warranty problems.

We're on the fence w/ our Sig. In the Design Studio the wife is liking the grey leather (that's what she has in her Jeep today). So it's a question of whether she wants to wait a few more months or go w/ her second choice color.

I actually become more comfortable with the white leather when I realized that, from the Design Studio, it's an "off white" rather than a "blazing bleach-colored white". That'll be a lot easier to keep looking clean.