Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature Wall Connector for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
up for sale is a signature wall connector for $550 plus shipping from zip 90720

Attachments

• 32AD0DE7-1C5F-44D8-9E5E-E829C14821E3.jpeg
    32AD0DE7-1C5F-44D8-9E5E-E829C14821E3.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 189
The hardware can be bought from Tesla, the plastic face plate with fancier than usual etching can't be, to the best of my knowledge. The question is, does anyone on TMC value the fancy plastic bit? Anyone who hasn't received their own, or already procured all they want anyway. I don't, but others might, so Buzz is running an experiment to determine the market value of a matte black piece of plastic with some fancy etching.

I am certainly curious how it ends. If it ends up people will pay a premium for the faceplate, maybe I can organize a faceplate swap that yields more money than just the cost of shipping?

I already bought two Signature Edition HPWC, just because they were cheap enough for me to procure that I could afford to install them at various places I frequently visit. I visit many places and am always looking to affordably improve our charging situation. I don't really own them anymore because I have effectively donated them to those places along with the installation cost of those units.

The hardware can be bought from Tesla, the plastic face plate with fancier than usual etching can't be, to the best of my knowledge. The question is, does anyone on TMC value the fancy plastic bit? Anyone who hasn't received their own, or already procured all they want anyway. I don't, but others might, so Buzz is running an experiment to determine the market value of a matte black piece of plastic with some fancy etching.

I am certainly curious how it ends. If it ends up people will pay a premium for the faceplate, maybe I can organize a faceplate swap that yields more money than just the cost of shipping?

I already bought two Signature Edition HPWC, just because they were cheap enough for me to procure that I could afford to install them at various places I frequently visit. I visit many places and am always looking to affordably improve our charging situation. I don't really own them anymore because I have effectively donated them to those places along with the installation cost of those units.

I have two first gen HPWC’s installed and in use. I don t need this signature one, and I think the results of any ‘free market capitalism’ experiments are on eBay where buyers bought ones for $580, $560, and $535.

I don’t really care if I sell this one or not: it can sit in my garage in the sealed box until I need it to replace one of my two working HPWCs. I am offering the opportunity for a Tesla owner to buy something that is they cannot purchase directly from Tesla.

Reactions: BonnieD
i estimate very low demand for a signature edition, especially at that price. if you want to take the "ebay" approach, you can find sold HPWC (regular) on ebay for 400-450, sometimes even lower (as low as $300). not just that but ebay frequently adds additional incentives like 10-15% off your purchase, bringing the lowest price to $270, half of what you are asking. you can try and make money asking for $550 but honestly you got this FOR FREE. Everyone here knows you paid zero and you make 100% profit on whatever you decide to charge. you're not doing anyone any favors by charging more than what Tesla offers the standard HPWC, and one would have to be really desperate to pay a $50 premium just for Elon's silver squiggle. it's going to be a hard sell for long time members on the forums, and realistically speaking it won't get any interest until you're around $450.

fortunately for you, you have HPWCs all over the place and don't mind a 3rd one just collecting dust in case your other 2 break. i'd probably do the same. i'd suggest trying ebay if you are looking for buyers willing to pay a premium, but keep in mind ebay and paypal take about 10% of your profit for selling fees.

Reactions: BarryL and jet44
i estimate very low demand for a signature edition, especially at that price. if you want to take the "ebay" approach, you can find sold HPWC (regular) on ebay for 400-450, sometimes even lower (as low as $300). not just that but ebay frequently adds additional incentives like 10-15% off your purchase, bringing the lowest price to $270, half of what you are asking. you can try and make money asking for $550 but honestly you got this FOR FREE. Everyone here knows you paid zero and you make 100% profit on whatever you decide to charge. you're not doing anyone any favors by charging more than what Tesla offers the standard HPWC, and one would have to be really desperate to pay a $50 premium just for Elon's silver squiggle. it's going to be a hard sell for long time members on the forums, and realistically speaking it won't get any interest until you're around $450.

fortunately for you, you have HPWCs all over the place and don't mind a 3rd one just collecting dust in case your other 2 break. i'd probably do the same. i'd suggest trying ebay if you are looking for buyers willing to pay a premium, but keep in mind ebay and paypal take about 10% of your profit for selling fees.
I appreciate your kind wishes. It is a free market, and I don’t care if it sells or not. If a buyer is interested in acquiring one, they will have to find one at a price that they are willing and able to pay. Mine at the price I’m asking might not meet their threshold- but that is their decision and not mine. (I’ll be listing my arachnids at 100% profit too as soon as I get them)