Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature Wall Connector for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i estimate very low demand for a signature edition, especially at that price. if you want to take the "ebay" approach, you can find sold HPWC (regular) on ebay for 400-450, sometimes even lower (as low as $300). not just that but ebay frequently adds additional incentives like 10-15% off your purchase, bringing the lowest price to $270, half of what you are asking. you can try and make money asking for $550 but honestly you got this FOR FREE. Everyone here knows you paid zero and you make 100% profit on whatever you decide to charge. you're not doing anyone any favors by charging more than what Tesla offers the standard HPWC, and one would have to be really desperate to pay a $50 premium just for Elon's silver squiggle. it's going to be a hard sell for long time members on the forums, and realistically speaking it won't get any interest until you're around $450.

fortunately for you, you have HPWCs all over the place and don't mind a 3rd one just collecting dust in case your other 2 break. i'd probably do the same. i'd suggest trying ebay if you are looking for buyers willing to pay a premium, but keep in mind ebay and paypal take about 10% of your profit for selling fees.

Just to let you know: free market capitalism worked out for me. I sold it at a price that I was willing to accept and the buyer was willing to pay. I didn’t have to discount it very much and I held to my bottom line (which wasn’t my full asking price).

The buyer got a terrific deal (and paid no sales tax) and I got the price I was willing to accept. Win - win all around

Reactions: forkee
Presumably your bottom was the $500 price of a retail unit. As you stated, the buyer avoided tax and depending on their location that can be significant. So the signature version proved to be worth zero premium over a standard unit in this trial?