TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Signature White Leather, which Mats?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Jeroens, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Jeroens

Jeroens Member

#1 Jeroens, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    Signature White Leather, which Mats Lloyd's Luxe Black or Ebony?

I've ordered signature white leather option and could use some advice on Mats.

Lloyds Ultimate seems to be the favorite choice....
    I believe the carpet is normally black (judging from photo's and the Configurator) does Lloyds black match the interior?
    Also which other mats do you take, trunk and cargo well (what??)? and would Rubbertite be better for the Trunck?

Thanks, J.

2. vcor

vcor Member

If you want to match the existing black carpets with Lloydds, use "Black" for Ultimat and "Ebony" for Lux. You might also consider something like Flint II, a dark grey or even Euro Gray. Some dealers can get you color samples to check what looks good to you.

3. Jeroens

Jeroens Member

Thanks did you get a change to personally compare the Luxe black and ebony with the interior black? Some say ebony is better some black as I can not get samples or compare myself I need to go by owners advice :)

4. eelton

eelton Member

Many people have commented that the Lloyd Luxe ebony mats are somewhat green (I have some in my Audi, and I agree). I'd go with the black.

5. Jeroens

Jeroens Member

Thanks Eelton for the advise, much appreciated.

Any others who looked at both Lloyds Luxe - Ebony and Black and picked on or the other?

6. dailydriver

dailydriver Member

I bought the Ebony and think it looks great even though it does not match the factory black exactly. Black would have been fine too.

lloydsfloormats1.jpg

7. Jeroens

Jeroens Member

It does look great. Did you also look at the black when you made your decision, where those too black compared to the interior?

8. dailydriver

dailydriver Member

#8 dailydriver, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    I think the pure black is probably a better match. My main objection to black is that it may have shown dirt more easily.

9. digitaltim

digitaltim Sig737 VIN628