TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Signature X Reservation Cancellation

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Cottonwood, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

I'm about to pull the trigger on canceling my Sig X reservation.

The X was always too big for me, but I wanted AWD. A P85D should be delivered to me in December to give me AWD way sooner than waiting for the X.

I don't have any friends or family that are interested in the Sig X; will check one more time.

Are there any suggestions on ways to use my Sig#87 place in line? How long does it take to get the refund? I asked Tesla if they would just apply the refund to my P85D; I doubt that will happen, but it does not hurt to ask.

Looks like another one of you on the Sig waiting list will be contacted soon...

I remember how long I waited for my Sig S; be patient, your X's will come.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

The refund would come quickly, they're pretty good about that. I bet they would apply it toward your P85D though.
    Not sure you'll be able to give up your spot unless you keep your reservation and just let someone else buy the car through you.

3. Barry

Barry Member

My refund (non-Sig X) took about a week. It arrived Fedex (2nd day, no signature required).

4. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Thank you both for moving the rest of us forward 2 more places :smile:

Joking aside, I understand the problem with the long wait. I keep staring back at the Model S order screen too even though all I really want is the Model 3

5. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

TM will definitely allow you to apply it to your in production 'D'. I asked months ago as I was sitting on the fence about an X or AWD S and have deposits on three (insane I know). A Sig X. PX and an S. My plan, that they confirmed as 'OK" was to apply the deposits to ONE vehicle once my wife and I (OK, my wife:wink:) decided which configuration she preferred to replace her SUV.

6. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

You and me both.

I just wish they'd stop the delays. My wife is so ready to stop having to get gas. Seriously, we're _this_ close to buying some other EV, maybe a Mercedes B Class Electric, to be done with gas now.

7. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Curious: was it a full refund, or did they keep some as in the old days?

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

?? Really? I hadn't heard that before.

9. Barry

Barry Member

#9 Barry, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    Full refund. I joked with the sales manager at our local store than I want it back in appreciated stock, given I put down the money 2 1/2 years ago :smile:
    In actuality, I got back a little extra, as I put the $5K on my 1% cash-back rewards credit card and the refund came as a check.
    And even better, the 5K was paid while married and I got the refund after a divorce :smile:

10. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Obviously it's been a while since I've done any reserving, but am I wrong that at one time there was some sort of $500 fee on cancellations?

11. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I just don't remember anything like that. But if you decide to cancel, I'll handle it for you. :)

12. de704

de704 XP268

I got a refund on my Model S Reservation No. #2136 in 2012 (After I reserved the Model X - Non-Sig #268). They didn't take anything out. I got the full $5k back.

13. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

Me too. I cancelled my original Model S reservation (also 2012) way before I ordered the Model X and was refunded the full amount. It did take some time (back then). I think it took about 3 weeks.

14. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

There was indeed a $50 processing fee mentioned when I made the first Model S reservation in Feb 2010.

15. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Yeah, I thought I remembered it being way back in the early days. Maybe they dropped it once the Model S started getting ready to be delivered (they also dropped reservation price to $2500 around early 2012 IIRC)

16. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

Not a big deal but just an FYI. I put down the $5K deposit for my VIN 10,843 S in late February 2013. I believe they changed to $2,500 deposit in the summer of 2013 (exact date??)

17. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

I believe others have had the refund as a credit. Makes sense for Tesla to do so.

18. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

When I canceled my first Model S order in 2012, there was no fee, they had the money back to me in about 3 days.