Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Significant events planned by Jun 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sanny

Jul 7, 2013
US
Hello All, I was reading all the valuable information on the forum for a while (helped me a lot to start investing in TSLA in Dec '12).

Now I'm trying to figure out the list of known significant events for Tesla by Jun 2015 to set my goals for Jun 15 options.
So far I found the following:
1) Quarterly earnings results accompanied with the demand figures and gross margin values- every quarter.
Will some quarterly results be more important than others?
2) Sales results in Europe, Asia - will start announcing after Q3 (?)
3) 2013 annual earnings call and report.
4) Model X production ready car demo, press test drives, etc. - Mid 2014 (?)
5) Beginning of Model X signature production - late 2014, early 2015.
6) Supercharger coverage up to 80% of US ans Ca - 2014
7) 2014 annual results
8) Gen III prototype demo - unknown.
9) Some cool technology stuff demo (driverless car, etc) - unknown.

I'm I missing something? Is there anything else to expect by Jan 15?
Knowing Tesla approach it is hard to believe that it will be the only news...

Perhaps:

* Introduction of new Model S features for 2014/2015 models
* Launch of the Tesla App Store (allowing 3rd party devs to create apps for the 17" display and for iOS/Android)
* New battery (more capacity?) in Model S

Hello All, I was reading all the valuable information on the forum for a while (helped me a lot to start investing in TSLA in Dec '12).

Now I'm trying to figure out the list of known significant events for Tesla by Jun 2015 to set my goals for Jun 15 options.
So far I found the following:
1) Quarterly earnings results accompanied with the demand figures and gross margin values- every quarter.
Will some quarterly results be more important than others?
2) Sales results in Europe, Asia - will start announcing after Q3 (?)
3) 2013 annual earnings call and report.
4) Model X production ready car demo, press test drives, etc. - Mid 2014 (?)
5) Beginning of Model X signature production - late 2014, early 2015.
6) Supercharger coverage up to 80% of US ans Ca - 2014
7) 2014 annual results
8) Gen III prototype demo - unknown.
9) Some cool technology stuff demo (driverless car, etc) - unknown.

I'm I missing something? Is there anything else to expect by Jan 15?
Knowing Tesla approach it is hard to believe that it will be the only news...

It's likely Tesla will also announce:
1. All-wheel drive (4x4) version of Model S (my guess is late 2013 or early 2014).
2. Cabriolet version of Model S (this could be a hardtop convertible, my guess is 1st half 2014).
3. New battery swap stations (starting from California)
4. Renewal (or non-renewal) of powertrain agreements with Mercedes and Toyota.
5. Improvements to financing/leasing
6. Rollout of European supercharger stations
7. 2014 model year Model S improvements
8. Achievement of reaching 25% gross margin

Any political changes or changes in incentives. Election in Norway this fall which could change the incentives here, but probably not for a couple of years. A change in the 7500 tax rebate in the us would probably have a pretty hugh impact on TSLA.

There will be legislation in several states to allow Tesla to sell directly to consumers. There may also be legislation to prevent Tesla to sell directly to consumers. This will be in the battleground states of NY, NC, MA, TX and probably a couple of others that don't come to mind right now.

I think the Asian marked is underrated. Just this week we got the news from Hong Kong of several hundred orders. And Tesla hasn't really been prioritizing Asia yet. The German cars are selling great in Asia and I wouldn't be surprised if the model s is even more popular there. They might want to make an Asian version with bigger leg space for the back seats though.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? It's less than sales tax for a Tesla. It would have more effect on Volt and Leaf sales.

You might be right and as long as Tesla keeps delivering good sales numbers it shouldn't have any effect. But I'd guess the marked would interpret it as a turning point for electric cars.