Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Significant reduction in SC pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cap for electric is ~35p / kWh (retail, including VAT @ 5%) and ~10p / kWh for gas (retail, inc 5% VAT)
Thanks that was useful - I just wanted to know where I stand (on charging at home vs using public chargers) as I am not close to the bill and we do not switch providers multiple times (pre-price cap this might have been a savvy thing to do) and as the energy is on my siblings name. I can see from the tariff it is close to what you mentioned above.

Thanks that was useful - I just wanted to know where I stand (on charging at home vs using public chargers) as I am not close to the bill and we do not switch providers multiple times (pre-price cap this might have been a savvy thing to do) and as the energy is on my siblings name. I can see from the tariff it is close to what you mentioned above.
Home charging is more convenient, easier on the battery, and doesn't require much battery heating. By the time you precondition for the supercharger you'll lose any saving you could possibly make. OTOH if you're already supercharging, it's not so much more expensive than you need to plan to arrive with 10% battery left, you can leave yourself some more margin without feeling like you're wasting money (Assuming it's not a super busy site with a queue..)

Doesn’t look like this lasted long! App suggests it’s nudged back up to c63p peak, c48p off peak.

Just in time for me to collect my MYLR next week…
Demand is much higher at present, wholesales have increased, so it's not a massive surprise. TBH. Although I think the app is the non-telsa rate.
Don't forget the price for Rapid/Ultra rapid is currently in the 65-80p range, and the peak rate only applies for a relatively short period. I'd say the supercharging prices are extremely fair.

Demand is much higher at present, wholesales have increased, so it's not a massive surprise. TBH. Although I think the app is the non-telsa rate.
Don't forget the price for Rapid/Ultra rapid is currently in the 65-80p range, and the peak rate only applies for a relatively short period. I'd say the supercharging prices are extremely fair.
I was looking at the member rates, which I believe are the same as the Tesla owner rates?

No argument from me about the prices still being reasonable compared to the competitors! Was simply pointing it out.

Reactions: thewishy
So sad to see 0.69p per kilowatt again :(

Attachments

• 242EAEAA-B70A-49A6-9E9D-EE4BE5827D74.jpeg
    242EAEAA-B70A-49A6-9E9D-EE4BE5827D74.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 59