Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Significant Reduction to 2016 US SuperCharger Installs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about the previous 2016 map but today's looks like they are planning to almost double SC's this year (in the US). Does that match what you see?

Yes but earlier in the week, there were significantly more (estimate 20-25%). I have been watching it closely since I take I20 from SC to TX and it had been slated to be covered by years end. Now it is no longer on the 2016 map at all. I will try to find an earlier map for comparison.

Interesting! I went to wayback.org to get the previous map and then when I went to the current map, it was exactly the same! :) I swear no alcohol was consumed in the posting of this thread! :) I may not have waited long enough for the map to have populated when I clicked on 2016. I will check to see if wayback caught the map I though I saw. I may be able to drive the Model X back to TX on I20 after all!

Today the 2016 map is back to the previous one. Maybe what appeared yesterday was a mistake.

TexasEV! Yes, hopefully they just posted the wrong map. Kind of like the email I got saying that my Model X has been built and will be delivered this month when my DS confirmed its still in production... :) Give my regards to MOPAC! I miss Austin but not the commute.

I see that there's an upcoming install due for Katy, TX. That one would be perfect for me on my drives from Austin to Louisiana so I wouldn't have to go to North Houston the SC to get some juice.
Anyone near Houston know if this SC is being built yet?

Interesting! I went to wayback.org to get the previous map and then when I went to the current map, it was exactly the same! :) I swear no alcohol was consumed in the posting of this thread! :) I may not have waited long enough for the map to have populated when I clicked on 2016. I will check to see if wayback caught the map I though I saw. I may be able to drive the Model X back to TX on I20 after all!

Doesn't way back archive the html and JavaScript? Since the map is created dynamically based on JavaScript calls to a service that says where the SCs are, and those service call results aren't archived by way back, you get the current map.

I see that there's an upcoming install due for Katy, TX. That one would be perfect for me on my drives from Austin to Louisiana so I wouldn't have to go to North Houston the SC to get some juice.
Anyone near Houston know if this SC is being built yet?
That location doesn't make any sense as it's only 44 miles from Columbus. Where that route needs one is on the east side of Houston such as Baytown, not the west side. Tesla owners have been asking for this for 3 years, to no avail.

As a piece of Historic reference, I received my Sig Model S on 2 November 2012. At that time there were 5 SC stations with about 40 chargers TOTAL; and, all in Cali! Today, there are 609 SC Stations around the world with 3574 chargers! What a difference 3 and a half years make!!!

I know that some get filled and sometime there is a bit of a wait! To me it's absolutely amazing to have come this far, this fast! And, they are absolutely FREE!

I am now at the point that I will not go somewhere unless there are SC's along the way! When I first picked up my Sig S, everyone was talking about using KOA facilities because they had 50A 220V stations and would, sometimes, let you charge free!!!!

Incredible, just incredible!

cheers, and I apologize for reminiscing..., not really!

jdiii

That location doesn't make any sense as it's only 44 miles from Columbus. Where that route needs one is on the east side of Houston such as Baytown, not the west side. Tesla owners have been asking for this for 3 years, to no avail.
Columbus is only 90 miles from Austin so to me it does make sense. It lets you drive closer to 150 miles from Austin before stopping and then let you make it to Lake Charles at another ~150 miles. It doesn't mean east Houston couldn't benefit from one but I would use Katy and never use Columbus.