Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Significant snow and ice build up in wheel wells

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone faced significant snow and ice build up in the wheels during slushy road conditions? Usually I can hear the constant scrapping of the tires against the snow buildup in the wheel well. It usually gets worse on highways to the point where significant ice builds up near the bottom of all doors making it impossible to open the falcon doors. Luckily the front doors have the ice breaker mechanism but the falcon doors don’t.

Any tips on how to fix this?

I thought it was my Nokian winter Tires throwing so much snow up as they are grippy. This year, same exact problem in X, Volt, and Srx, lots of buildup. Same tires on all 3. I have to go to the self clean car wash and spend lots of quarters to clean out the wheel wells with the spray wand.

Upvote 0
Anyone faced significant snow and ice build up in the wheels during slushy road conditions? Usually I can hear the constant scrapping of the tires against the snow buildup in the wheel well. It usually gets worse on highways to the point where significant ice builds up near the bottom of all doors making it impossible to open the falcon doors. Luckily the front doors have the ice breaker mechanism but the falcon doors don’t.

Any tips on how to fix this?
Re: wheels
Wonder about: snow blower nonstick spray
in wheel wells? Lot of options on Amazon, etc.

Re: doors
I think there have been various threads on the door trim.

Upvote 0