Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta for legacy Model S/X with MCU1 (2022.8.10.8)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all. I am excited and relieved to say with update 2022.8.10.8 Tesla has brought FSD Beta to Legacy S and X owners with MCU1.

I downloaded the update hit the button and was told my cameras needed replacement?

I’m a bit confused because I’m already on HW 3.0 and had my cameras upgraded.

I made an appointment for the service center for 12/12/22

Attachments

• 3DAEF442-3D0A-49EE-A5FA-D1F2F920CE75.png
    3DAEF442-3D0A-49EE-A5FA-D1F2F920CE75.png
    230.9 KB · Views: 916
Message early this morning from service-
Yup. I got the same response from my interaction with the service team as well. :(.

I’m being as understanding as I can, but I’m also really annoyed we were upgraded to HW 3.0 FSD computer and then got skimped on the camera upgrade.. why not do it all then and just have us prepared for the next phase of FSD to come.

I can wait.. but how long of wait are we really looking at is my concern.. I don’t want to have pushed the button and I look up and it’s 2024 and I still have no FSD Beta..

Attachments

• 9A38805F-E79A-447F-9950-AEDA8FDE17BA.jpeg
    9A38805F-E79A-447F-9950-AEDA8FDE17BA.jpeg
    492.3 KB · Views: 437
Reactions: byeLT4
So were you able to utilize FSD Beta? In your post you said we will receive updates, but can’t access the final production of FSD Beta until the upgrade in the first half of ‘23.

That’s a long time… I feel like now I’m being constantly scored on my safety for something I can’t even use for 6 months? That’s pretty lame..

I’m being as understanding as I can, but I’m also really annoyed we were upgraded to HW 3.0 FSD computer and then got skimped on the camera upgrade.. why not do it all then and just have us prepared for the next phase of FSD to come.
I believe they were not willing to
Admit the cameras needed replaced back at that time. Probably still looking for alternatives.

Reactions: TessieRed
Having the ability to request FSD beta on an MCU1 car is an important step, but is not the same as "FSD beta works on MCU1 cars now". In particular there hasn't yet been a demonstrated case of this working yet. The thread title has been edited to keep members from reading too much into the thread.

Bruce.
That’s fine. I started this thread to discuss what having the FSD Beta button actually means and to see if anyone has actually had success and is driving FSD BETA on MCU1. It wasn’t my intention to misleading at all.

Yay!!!! A button to remind me of what I still can't get! Tesla...you're so awesome!!!! I love you!!!

You know what I think is hilarious is the button is included in a fractional revision of 2010.8.10.6 software. Literally all they did was change the .6 to .8 and put a button that doesn't do anything. So, now technically they're in the clear since, "anyone who purchased FSD can request FSD Beta by the end of the year"

He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. My service guy was pretty knowledgeable.

He pretty much described a chain of release if that makes sense.

1st: Engineering team makes vehicles eligible for camera replacement upgrade in “batches”.

2nd: Service team allocates parts after green light from engineering team and emails for upgrades go out for us to schedule.

This further strengthens my theory that FSD Beta is not capable on MCU1 yet if clearance is still needed by the engineering team…

Clearance should have been made when the button was released if it was actually ready.

Attachments

• 72939BD1-6317-4939-8140-186CE318EBE2.jpeg
    72939BD1-6317-4939-8140-186CE318EBE2.jpeg
    492.3 KB · Views: 277
Reactions: byeLT4
Just downloaded this myself, same situation, upgraded to HW3 but didn't think they upgraded my cameras. Let us know how it goes!!
Yay!!!! A button to remind me of what I still can't get! Tesla...you're so awesome!!!! I love you!!!

You know what I think is hilarious is the button is included in a fractional revision of 2010.8.10.6 software. Literally all they did was change the .6 to .8 and put a button that doesn't do anything. So, now technically they're in the clear since, "anyone who purchased FSD can request FSD Beta by the end of the year"
Yeah. Even my service rep told me the engineering team hasn’t cleared us for the cameras which means we really aren’t cleared for FSD Beta. The button was just all figurative at this point I believe.

Nothing more than a commitment to work on it in the coming months. I hope and pray for Christmas we get those cameras.

We will get B pillar cameras replacements though so that’s cool.

Attachments

• 1108D931-8F1F-4F96-9CE5-753BE7BF7D85.jpeg
    1108D931-8F1F-4F96-9CE5-753BE7BF7D85.jpeg
    492.3 KB · Views: 289
Reactions: Cheburashka