Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signs that Tesla is delivering LR RWD 3’s to cash buyers earlier?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, white and red ext colors in CA seem to be in short supply according to Troy's spreadsheet. I'm a 4/1 rez, 6/27 config, LR RWD Aero PUP White, all cash, no trade-in, live 10 min from the Fremont factory. No VIN yet, but can't complain when ppl like Missy are out there who config'd in April.
When I was at the Fremont delivery center yesterday there was only one White out of maybe 30 or more ready to be picked up.

Reactions: costpermille
Wtf? You’re a day one in store reservation holder and you won’t be getting your car until at least Oct 18? That’s outrageous especially considering people who reserved much later have already received their vehicles (according to the threads in the forums). I had a May-July 18 config date but canceled two months ago. Waiting for leasing to open up. Good luck. You’re a lot more patient than me.
Haha thanks, I suppose I am patient, but I was overseas so I wouldn’t have been able to take delivery, plus it took me an extra week to decide on the color! I chose pearl white, and it seems that is one of the two delayed colors...

Wtf? You’re a day one in store reservation holder and you won’t be getting your car until at least Oct 18? That’s outrageous especially considering people who reserved much later have already received their vehicles (according to the threads in the forums). I had a May-July 18 config date but canceled two months ago. Waiting for leasing to open up. Good luck. You’re a lot more patient than me.
Part my fault I should have configured on 2/22 but waited for SR or AWD but couldn’t wait any longer. If we could go back in time :rolleyes:

Any thoughts on what to do if you do not want the car delivered sooner than the estimated 3-5 month window? I am one click away from ordering a black aero single motor without trade-in and paid as cash. I seem to check all the boxes to get an early delivery call. Yay!

The problem is that the Model 3 will be replacing a lease that won’t be up until the end of October. If the car comes earlier than 3 months I am in trouble, I don’t even have where to put it. If it is more than 5 I am in trouble also, the rebate goes away.

The customer service phone line for the Model 3 is MIA and the sales representatives at the Tesla store couldn’t offer anything other than moral support...

Quick update. I was able to get through on the phone with a Tesla sales advisor and he said that if the car arrives ahead of schedule I can just let them know. They would reassign that vehicle and find another one for the window that was originally anticipated.

Any thoughts on what to do if you do not want the car delivered sooner than the estimated 3-5 month window? I am one click away from ordering a black aero single motor without trade-in and paid as cash. I seem to check all the boxes to get an early delivery call. Yay!

The problem is that the Model 3 will be replacing a lease that won’t be up until the end of October. If the car comes earlier than 3 months I am in trouble, I don’t even have where to put it. If it is more than 5 I am in trouble also, the rebate goes away.

The customer service phone line for the Model 3 is MIA and the sales representatives at the Tesla store couldn’t offer anything other than moral support...