TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Silicon Valley - TV Show

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ggies07, May 31, 2014.

1. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

Anyone watch this? I just got into it last week and from the first episode found it hilarious and spot on. Here is an article about it with an Elon quote:

HBO's Silicon Valley finds fans in tech - MSN TV News

2. Larry

Larry Member

Really a good laugh. Love the Pakistani character.

3. RobStark

RobStark Active Member

If there is a show that should have a few Model S cameos it is this one.

4. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

My understanding was that Elon was at the premiere and hated it, but I have watched every episode and find it very funny. I am not living in the area or occupation being parodied so maybe Elon takes it a little more personally than I do. I just find it to be good entertainment myself. Then again, I can laugh at people making fun of Southerner's being a bunch of inbreds living in singlewides with our Trans Am's up on blocks out front so maybe I just do not get offended by any sort of parody. I am sort of an odd person I think.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I think many of us living in the middle of the subject found it initially disturbing as a warped version of reality that was trying to be realistic, but missing the mark.
    But over time, the "bizarre alternate reality" starts to become more amusing and we stop trying to want it to be more realistic and appreciate it more for its' wacky interpretation.

I was a tentative viewer at first, but now I am glad to hear it got picked up for a 2nd season.

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

7. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

8. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

He was going to be a major role in the series since he knocked it out of the park but they had to rewrite the end of the season. He did a fantastic job in the show.

9. ggies07

ggies07 Active Member

On the last ep, I loved when they starting trying to figure out the "MJT". hahahahaha. That was just great. Only these nerds (a little nerd in myself) would try to turn that into a math problem.

10. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

That was a great scene (as long as you aren't offended by it). I was laughing out loud during it.