TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

silicone fobpocket - reviews/input?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by tomp, Jul 24, 2015.

1. tomp

tomp Member

Hi all,
    Does anyone have a silicone fobpocket? I believe they are made by a Tesla owner. I'm thinking of getting one, and I'm wondering if anyone has one. If so, I'd appreciate your input on how it works and if you like it or not.
    Thanks!

2. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

I love it! I've had pretty much all of Pete's FobPocket products and the silicone one is my favorite.

3. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

These were put on my fobs by the service center after an annual service. Not sure if it's a local thing, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

IMG_3972.JPG

I'm not exactly sure what it's made of, but it's not silicone. It's more of a neoprene material.

4. tomp

tomp Member

I have the Tesla ones - they're nice, but a bit bulky. The silicone ones I referred to above seemed like they might be nicer.
    Thanks.

5. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

They are great! Smooth so easy to get in and out of pocket. A large array of colors. Unlike the cloth type still looks new after a lot of use. Always give to my friends when they get a new Tesla.

6. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

Silicone ones are great. Besides being compact, I like that you can get them in many different colors so you can tell the keys apart. Our family has 2 Teslas so I picked 4 different colors. I picked the 2 Reds for my Red Model S and the Grey and Silver for my wife's grey Model S.

7. tomp

tomp Member

Thanks! Do you know if the "black collection" the same as "the colors"? Except, as it sounds ... different colors?

8. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Mine work great. Have had them for about a year now.

9. ny888

ny888 Member

I love my silicon fob pocket. They don't have new colors yet so got the old brown (close enough to my titanium):

IMG_0165.JPG

10. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

I don't carry traditional metal keys in my pocket anymore so I removed the small chain and ring from mine. This is my all time favorite one from Abstract Ocean. S/O got a pink one that she loves too!!!
    image1(1).JPG

11. kmtl

kmtl Member

Meh...we have two.
    - I would like the silicone to be about half the thickness. It feels very durable but unnecessarily so given the low mass of the object it protects.
    - The little chain and ring that is attached are gumball-machine quality. Took them off immediately.
    - The texture of the silicone is just right...not too sticky for a pocket, not too slippery to hold securely
    - I stopped using the fobpocket and switched back to a thin camera-wrist strap I used previously to make the key easier to find in my pocket
    - Wife still uses hers since her key stays in her purse

12. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    I have one that I was given at TMC Connect. I like it OK, mostly because the SC will become less confused when using a different key fob than they give away. Since the SC lost my keys once and I had to test the keyless entry permission from the Model S app that difference counts with me. I also removed the ring and attached a colourful copy of my personalised license tag. With luck the SC will not again lose my key. Otherwise the silicone is quite OK but bulkier than I like.

13. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I love mine. I bought a couple at TMC Connect last year because I wasn't sure how durable they were, but the original one I put on a year ago still looks like new. Highly recommended.

14. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Love mine. Collects a bit of dust in the pocket sometimes, but a quick wipedown and she's good as new.

15. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

I'm very happy with mine. I had one of the Tesla fob covers shown in I think response 2 of this thread, but wore out fast. Ordered the silicon thingie via Amazon.

tsla-silicon-fob.png

16. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

AFAIK, yes. I have a black one but bought a Red one as a gift for a friend. Looked the same with the exception of being Red.

17. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

Awesome product, I highly recommend!

18. A.G.

A.G. Member

They are fantastic. Highly recommend.

19. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

Me too!

20. ny888

ny888 Member

Great minds !!! :)