TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Silly question - lost a parking sticker down the inside windshield...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ISkiFast, Apr 1, 2017.

1. ISkiFast

ISkiFast Member

So I have a parking sticker/paper sitting on the top of the dashboard...I stop a bit too abruptly and it slides "down" toward where I think the windshield and dashboard meet. I figure, no biggie, I'll reach forward and get it once I'm not driving.

I park, unbuckle...and...it's gone! Turns out, there is a gap between the speaker that is at the front of the cabin, where the winshield comes down. And the gap is wide enough to suck up papers/stickers....but not wide enough for fingers or even needle nose pliers? Yikes.

Anyone have ideas for how to fish something out of there without damaging my brand new S60D? Or is that now donated to the Tesla?

• Informative x 2
  2. Haxster

Haxster Member

You might get lucky using a stiff piece of cardboard or thick paper with something sticky (like double stick tape) on the end.

Good luck!

3. Takumi

Takumi Member

Try a vacuum.

4. azmodls

azmodls Member

Had the same happen to me twice, just used a a section of stiff insulated wire (rubber coated) to push it out. Finally just gave up on the dash and stuck it on the windshield :).

5. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

How about my credit card that slid forward on the closed center console into the slot in the front? Couldn't figure it out. Ordered a replacement card.

• Informative x 1
  6. Nick B

Nick B Member

Lol just imagine all the stuff the tesla tech people will find in there in 15-20 years... some cash, parking tickets, credit cards, etc. Don't leave sensitive stuff laying in that spot!

7. wattsup

wattsup Member

I once swore I lost a driver's license during a wash (left in a pocket I thought). I looked in my washing machine and dryer and could not find it. Maybe I lost it somewhere else. I eventually got a replacement.

Then, a couple years later, I needed to take apart the dryer for a repair. I found my old license buried under a layer of lint in the bottom of the dryer housing. I was like a mini archeological excavation. (This is outside of the drum and inside the innards of the dryer.)

8. stephenstohn

stephenstohn Supporting Member

Me too! In my relatively early Model X. Maybe they've fixed the gap since for newer production, but I'll never put a credit card on the centre console again!

• Like x 1