Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silly question - model year

billuk

Oct 25, 2020
UK
So I picked up my new M3LR on 19th December. It is the refreshed model. Does that make it a 2021 model?

I can't seem to find a definitive answer, apart from the year of registration i.e. 2020.

I think it is down on my insurance as a 2020 model because of the year/reg plate.

akenham

M3 LR AWD+ 2020
Sep 19, 2020
East Anglia, UK
You can tell definitively from the model year digit in your vin , but if you have heatpump etc you've got a 2021 model year car.

It's very unlikely to be 2020 model year if new and delivered in December.

Reactions: billuk

Billbrown1982

TM3 LR 2021 | Red | FSD
Dec 21, 2020
Basildon
Because they do things different in America, it gets a bit confusing.

So although its a 2021 Tesla Model, its still a 2020 uk registration, as per your number plate.

Thats half the reason I'm not letting them allocate me one until March, so it'll be a 2021 model and a 2021 reg and its just easier for me to explain.

Reactions: akenham and CMc1

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC