Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver AWD configurations and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not seeing any reports of silver Dual Motor cars being delivered, just these two posts indicating that a silver Performance model has been built (though my understanding is that this thread is not about the Performance model, is that right?) and a silver VIN 560xx is being delivered in early September. Anyone else? There is a belief by some that silver is the least popular Model 3 color, and if true, that could mean that those who want that color may wait longer for it compared to other colors.
last night I got the email that my silver with white P3D- model 3 has been built. No details on delivery estimate or VIN yet, but it has been built so they've done a batch of silver. :)
Got VIN 560xx and delivery set for first week in September. :)

Every day i read orders after mine, and delivery’s scheduled already. But not a single word from Tesla except the website change tease... also seeing more and more 3’s around town, none Silver... at this point im so fed up i shouldn’t even post

I'm moving here from the OBM group -)

Reserved N/A - Model 3 RWD Owner
Ordered 8/09/2018 - OBM AWD
Changed order 8/10/2018 to Silver AWD
Changed order 8/13/2018 to Black P3D
Changed order 8/14/2018 to Silver AWD
Changed order 8/14/2018 to OBM AWD
Changed order 8/21/2018 to Silver AWD
Located in Los Angeles
Silver Awd 18" EAP

No Vin assigned

Want to change to Red with White Int everyday I sign in to tesla.com

After 2 years of lurking... time to sign up and post!

Reserved 3/31/16 at Fremont
7/10/18 - Ordered Black AWD
8/6/18 - Changed order to Silver Metallic AWD, white interior, Aeros
8/19/18 - Edit button disappeared, trade in info requested
8/20/18 - Contact from Delivery Advisor, trade in confirmed, home delivery scheduled for 8/26!

Located in Los Angeles
Silver Awd 18" EAP

No Vin assigned

And i thought I WAS FINICKY haha. At this rate i don't see you getting you vehicle till December lol...

And i thought I WAS FINICKY haha. At this rate i don't see you getting you vehicle till December lol...

Located in Los Angeles
Silver Awd 18" EAP

No Vin assigned

this is definitely a record!

Reserved 4/1/16
Configured 6/27/16, AWD/Silver/Black int./18"/EAP, est. Sept-Nov
8/20/18 Got invitation to finance and evaluate trade; email from ISA
8/21/18 changed to cash (Lightstream unsecured loan) and no trade (found buyer)
8/22/18 email from ISA says he will call to review all info. Still waiting for the call.

Finally a silver! congrats and dont forget to go to amazon.com, buy a dragy, and give us those performance #'s and videos we all have been craving for!

CONGRATS!:)
So I live in a mid-rise condo building in Chicago and charger/outlet costs were almost 3-4K, so ended up transferring the car to my dad, was able to transfer the account over the phone with the delivery advisor. Black interior. I will be going with him on Saturday to pick it up and will be driving it all weekend! Hopefully there won't be any further delays from what I've been reading on these forums..

Reserved 4/1/16
Configured 6/27/16, AWD/Silver/Black int./18"/EAP, est. Sept-Nov
8/20/18 Got invitation to finance and evaluate trade; email from ISA
8/21/18 changed to cash (Lightstream unsecured loan) and no trade (found buyer)
8/22/18 email from ISA says he will call to review all info. Still waiting for the call.

Update: Delivery day Aug 29!! VIN 65xxx

Reactions: tich and JTesmod3
jmelendez28, I gotta say this whole thing confuses the heck out of me..
Prior owner Model X
Reserved 3/31/16 onlinie 9 pm Mtn time
Configured AWD 6/30/18
Silver
19"
AWD
Black interior

Made the same phone call and was told "your reservation RN10839XXXX is very early but all I can tell you still is sometime Sept-Nov"

It IS annoying to see other silvers and other AWDs delivered that were never reserved and to non-owners! Gotta wonder is there was any benefit to reserving back in 2016.
Was the same thing with my X!

jmelendez28, I gotta say this whole thing confuses the heck out of me..
Prior owner Model X
Reserved 3/31/16 onlinie 9 pm Mtn time
Configured AWD 6/30/18
Silver
19"
AWD
Black interior

Made the same phone call and was told "your reservation RN10839XXXX is very early but all I can tell you still is sometime Sept-Nov"

It IS annoying to see other silvers and other AWDs delivered that were never reserved and to non-owners! Gotta wonder is there was any benefit to reserving back in 2016.
Was the same thing with my X!
Looks like we are waiting for the same car.

Maybe Tesla is spending this time making the silver color the same as the alpha reveal silver o_O

I’m convinced they use a giant lottery ticket tumbler for each configuration with our RN’s written on tiny papers. As each car goes through inspection Elon pulls out a ticket from that tumbler and bam, they get an email or call.

I have seen a large drop in people claiming they are getting cars without a Reservation unless they are RWD.