Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver AWD configurations and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll join in on this thread. Hi, my name is marker2002 and i'm an F5 addict.

Reserved: 03/31/16
-10:20am In-Store Midwest
Open to configure RWD: 02/22/18
Open to configure AWD: 05/23/18
Ordered AWD: 05/23/18
-Silver Metalic
-18" Aero Wheels
-Premium Black Interior
-Enhanced Autopilot
Delivery Estimate: Sept-Nov 2018
Delivery Location: Kansas City - Manchester
Delivery Date:Unknown
VIN: Unknown
Edit Design Button: gone with new confirmation page layout: 07/20/18
(I can still go to tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/ to edit)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: JTesmod3
Hello fellow silvers, we are few... but we are out there... Also F5 addict :)
Reserved: 04/02/16 Online
Ordered AWD: 06/28/18
-Silver Metalic
-19" Sport
-Premium Black Interior
Delivery Location: Orlando, FL
Delivery Date: Unknown

• Funny
Reserved: 03/31/16, 5:30pm In-Store California
Open to configure RWD: 04/10/18
Open to configure AWD: 06/26/18
Ordered AWD: 06/26/18
Re-Configured to White Seats: 07/24/18
-Silver Metalic
-19" Aero Wheels
-Premium White Interior

Current onwer
Reserved: 3/31/16
Ordered: 6/26/18
Edit button disappeared 7/19/18
Confirmed documenation was correct except one birthdate needed correction: 7/20/18
Got the "48 hours" message on 7/20/18
Around 7/26/18, I got the message that they are reviewing the changes (Needed to change an 8 to a 1 on the birthdate).
Silver metallic
Long Range AWD
19" sport wheels
EAP
Black interior
Located in Colorado
No trade-in
Paying cash

I haven't heard a word but see others on east coast who aren't owners and who reserved and ordered after me are already getting delivery scheduled.

Reserved online, pre-reveal: 03/31/16
Open to configure RWD: 04/15/18
Open to configure AWD: 06/27/18
Ordered AWD: 06/27/18
-Silver Metalic
-18" Aero Wheels
-Premium Black Interior
-Enhanced Autopilot
Delivery Location: Seattle

I haven't heard a word but see others on east coast who aren't owners and who reserved and ordered after me are already getting delivery scheduled.

Has anyone seen or heard of a Silver, non-P dual-motor being delivered yet? Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate they make them in batches by color/wheel, and this would explain why people with later reservations get their cars earlier...

Has anyone seen or heard of a Silver, non-P dual-motor being delivered yet? Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate they make them in batches by color/wheel, and this would explain why people with later reservations get their cars earlier...
I haven't seen any yet but know some are scheduled for delivery next week.

I don't understand what you mean about why people with later reservations would get their cars earlier. If two people have the exact same order, you'd think the owner who reserved and ordered before the non-owner reserved and ordered would be first to receive delivery from that batch.

Reactions: MarkeR2002
I don't understand what you mean about why people with later reservations would get their cars earlier. If two people have the exact same order, you'd think the owner who reserved and ordered before the non-owner reserved and ordered would be first to receive delivery from that batch.

Well, I think geography is involved as well. If Tesla makes cars in batches and then ships a group of red, AWD Model 3s to some city on the east coast, there may not be enough day 1 reservation holders in that area with that configuration, so they reach out to the day 2 reservation holders next, and so on.

So my theory is that they'll eventually make a bunch of silver AWD Model 3s and ship them in groups around the country. All of the day 1 reservation holders with that config will get theirs, but some day 2 or 3 (or even later) reservation holders may get theirs, and they may get them before day 1 reservation holders who are waiting for another color that has not been batched/shipped yet.

Reserved 11/27/2017
Ordered 6/27/2018
Changed order 7/4/2018
Located in Seattle area
Silver Awd 19" EAP
I've had no edit button for weeks now, though I think that's down to me selecting cash (IE I'm securing my own financing)
No Vin assigned

Fighting the urge daily to switch to a base silver P3D
Refreshing forums and account page every 15 minutes
Desperately trying to find more reviews for the standard awd (seriously wtf awd people who already got their car, publish some damn reviews)

Reserved 4/2/16 online
Ordered 6/27/18
Updated to AWD
Updated to White interior
19" EAP
Silver
West of Seattle area

I have never even received an email to configure. Not when the white interior was available, or back in June when it was released to everyone. Always see it via forums/twitter and go from there. White interior is surely causing my delay, but getting absolutely fed up with the lack of communication. They've had the $1k for 28 months, and the additional $2500 for 45 days.... not too much to ask to get something more definitive than a "delivery window" that has changed at least 2 times (is it more? I can't even remember). Think i'm going to call and wait the hour it takes to see what is going on with my account.

Same boat... day 1 reservation guy here in SoCal... silver AWD with 19s.

I'm in no rush as I already have capable cars and frankly, am hoping I'm in a later batch. QC on the 3 is (relatively) bad. Talked to various PPF and tint shops over the last month while deciding where I would get my work done and they've all told me that the Model 3s they've worked on (probably around 200 between these shops) have a wide range of quality with some being near perfect and most having higher than average dents, chips, irregular alignment/gaps, scratches, overspray etc. One guy specifically said these cars are markedly worse than the BMWs and Audis he's worked on. I understand in the volume ramp there will be issues, but as someone who's gone through the pains of buying a $100K+ car with QC issues before, I'm happy to wait in the hopes they sort out all these issues - provided I get my car before Jan 1 2019 o_O

Reserved 4/2/16 online
Ordered 6/27/18
Updated to AWD
Updated to White interior
19" EAP
Silver
West of Seattle area

I have never even received an email to configure. Not when the white interior was available, or back in June when it was released to everyone. Always see it via forums/twitter and go from there. White interior is surely causing my delay, but getting absolutely fed up with the lack of communication. They've had the $1k for 28 months, and the additional $2500 for 45 days.... not too much to ask to get something more definitive than a "delivery window" that has changed at least 2 times (is it more? I can't even remember). Think i'm going to call and wait the hour it takes to see what is going on with my account.
We've been waiting for the same but with black interior...so it's not your interior that is delaying things.

Like you, we never received the configuration email or any other contact. I called yesterday but they had no clue when they would have my VIN or would be contacting me to arrange delivery.

Update: spoke to a Tesla rep

He said i am not the first person who has called to say they weren’t receiving emails, but he didn’t know the cause. He sent me a test email to confirm my email on file, which i received immediately. Also, said to expect a VIN assigned in my account by month end, and delivery ~6 weeks after that. Looks like mid-October for me, but at least i have some info and won’t wear out my F5 button

Update: spoke to a Tesla rep

He said i am not the first person who has called to say they weren’t receiving emails, but he didn’t know the cause. He sent me a test email to confirm my email on file, which i received immediately. Also, said to expect a VIN assigned in my account by month end, and delivery ~6 weeks after that. Looks like mid-October for me, but at least i have some info and won’t wear out my F5 button

Nice... What are your details, i just reserved this year and based on the info i should get mine by 2020o_O

Reserved late evening on 3/31/16 online, non-owner
Ordered 6/28/18
AWD, silver, black interior, aero, EAP
Near Seattle/Bellevue, WA

Still staring at that "Edit Design" button and resisting so far the urge to change to 19" wheels (they look nicer but not $1500 worth)