Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver exterior / Tan interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello - My first post here on the forums. I just reserved a P85 with performance+ and will be trading /selling my 2005 Porsche 911 cab.

i really prefer a tan interior but how does it look with silver? Has anyone ordered or seen this combination? I love both the blue and silver model S (my 911 is midnight blue with tan) but i think the Silver really shows the lines of the car enter than the dark blue..

Hello - My first post here on the forums. I just reserved a P85 with performance+ and will be trading /selling my 2005 Porsche 911 cab.

i really prefer a tan interior but how does it look with silver? Has anyone ordered or seen this combination? I love both the blue and silver model S (my 911 is midnight blue with tan) but i think the Silver really shows the lines of the car enter than the dark blue..

Well, it is all in the eye of the beholder. I see lots of people do the silver/tan combo. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of it personally, but I don't see it as offensive in any way...I actually have a bigger issue with the contrast of the interior of some combos since the headliner is of a beige-ish hue. So I don't particularly like it with the great interior. But still its not offensive and its up to the owner him/herself.

That is the configuration I have on order. I posted the same question a while back because Tan is my preference for interior and Silver for exterior. The best answer I got is that when inside you really don't look at the exterior, and when outside you are not reallylooking at the interior. Having said that, I still think it matches as the Tan looks like a "natural" leather color. Hope my car arrives next month!

@RodF, you should go see the "orphan" silver 60kwh at the service center if its still there. It has tan interior. I was considering getting that car but opted to keep my 40kwh blue/tan config. I never considered a silver/tan combo until i saw that one. In person it looks nice :)

That is the configuration I have on order. I posted the same question a while back because Tan is my preference for interior and Silver for exterior. The best answer I got is that when inside you really don't look at the exterior, and when outside you are not reallylooking at the interior. Having said that, I still think it matches as the Tan looks like a "natural" leather color. Hope my car arrives next month!

One of the early signature recipients, forum member weccman, posted a few pictures of his silver/tan car several months ago. I subsequently sent him a private email asking him about his satisfaction with his color choice, rationale for it, etc. since I had ordered the silver/tan (I'm still waiting for my car) and had not seen many others do so. He was very kind to email back a full report the bottom line of which is he was exceptionally pleased with the silver/tan and thought they went extremely well together.

I have also seen other posts indicating that silver/tan is a common combination in Bentleys though cannot vouch for it personally since I don't move in those circles. While not the most expected interior with silver, IMO tan is going to be unique, interesting and also aesthetically sharp.

Nanimac, I didn't know the car at the service center was silver/tan. The only reason I didn't consider it was because I had my heart set on that configuration. Probably would have went for it. But now with this 40 KWH announcement, I think I'll stick with my order.

@Rodf, Tesla was going to make it pretty easy to switch into that car. But in the end, it didn't have all the options I wanted. @ddruz, you won't be disappointed..I think most people think it won't match (including me) so i was surprised how great it looked in person :)

Nanimac, I didn't know the car at the service center was silver/tan. The only reason I didn't consider it was because I had my heart set on that configuration. Probably would have went for it. But now with this 40 KWH announcement, I think I'll stick with my order.

I would love to see this combo also, as I almost ordered it, before going with Green/Tan. I think Hank42 said he has this combo in the "Model S - Pictures of Silver Paint Option" thread, but he never posted any pictures.

S2600001.JPG

Sorry for forgetting - thanks for the reminder outgas!
I was nervous when I ordered too. I get a lot of compliments on the color combo however. It's not an obvious choice. Maybe people are just being kind and really want to puke. I dunno, I am very pleased with it.

I think it works because there is just enough black to blend the the colors together.

S2600006.JPG

And from outside, well, at night, the LED illumination cools the warmer tones of the beige and blends it with the silver exterior, and during the day, the bright sun overwhelms your pupils and it sill looks good.
S2600009.JPG
S2600010.JPG

Let me know if there are any particular angles/photos you want and under what conditions(day/night/sun etc)

Oh yeah, one last thing - the Silver really hides the dirt well. I washed it for the first time in 6 weeks - not really because I thought it needed it, but figured "it was time" (Ok, the plates were filthy!). The only way I *knew* it was dirty was the brown water coming off the car as I hosed it down. I thought my hose went funky. It really *looked* clean before I took the hose to it. It *glistened* after.

Last edited:
Sorry for forgetting - thanks for the reminder outgas!
I was nervous when I ordered too. I get a lot of compliments on the color combo however. It's not an obvious choice. Maybe people are just being kind and really want to puke. I dunno, I am very pleased with it.

I think it works because there is just enough black to blend the the colors together.

Let me know if there are any particular angles/photos you want and under what conditions(day/night/sun etc)

Oh yeah, one last thing - the Silver really hides the dirt well. I washed it for the first time in 6 weeks - not really because I thought it needed it, but figured "it was time" (Ok, the plates were filthy!). The only way I *knew* it was dirty was the brown water coming off the car as I hosed it down. I thought my hose went funky. It really *looked* clean before I took the hose to it. It *glistened* after.

Thanks so much Hank42, I would love to see pics in direct sunlight, and in daylight but inside or in shade/overcast skies. The only reason I didn't get silver is that I thought it looked too white, almost titanium white, in direct sunlight. And my very first car was deep dark green and tan. I do love my green/tan/gloss obeche, but find myself obsessively cleaning it, either just wiping off the dust with a California Car Duster (highly recommended for dark colors, as this car gets dusty more than dirty, and is perhaps electrostatically predestined to do so), or using waterless Griots Speed Shine or Spray & Wash, or a full two-bucket method Optimum No Rinse with Wax (I recommend all of these products as well). After owning a silver Boxster for thirteen years and never once seeing that car and saying "gosh that car is dirty and needs a wash", I should have known better! But as I told myself at the time I finalized, either my wife's future Model X or my next Model S will be silver!

We have the silver with gray leather. We love the silver with the 21" wheels. the gray leather is very light. The gray leather in my Porsche is much darker. The silver gets a lot of compliments!