TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Silver exterior / tan interior

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Kate S, Jul 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Kate S

Kate S Member

I know there have been a handful of threads on this topic but bear with me...

Am in a pickle. I want to go with the silver exterior and tan interior, but worry about how well they will go together. I have ordered my Model S with this combo and it will be confirmed on July 11. Need to make a final decision by then one way or the other. So in the meantime I have to examine these choices from every possible angle. :)

For those who have seen this combination, what did you think? For those who have a Model S with these colors, can you please post some pics? If you do a search there are some photos out there, but generally you can see *either* the interior or exterior but not much as far as how they work together. Would love to see pics of the car with the door open, for instance. Or other shots that help to visualize it. I have seen a car with this combination in real life, but only had a couple of minutes with it and wasn't able to open the doors or anything, so I could only tell so much.

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I have seen silver/tan and I think it looks fine (but it is rare) though I think silver/gray looks better. Personal preference...

Sorry didn't take any photos.

3. tennisman

tennisman Member

I agree with "ecarfan" - I have seen the silver/tan and it looks ok, but I also think the silver/gray looks better. However, I will say, that the headliner is tan, and may contrast less with the tan interior. Frankly, I was concerned about that when I ordered the grey interior, but it actually looks fine. Too each their own!!

4. shrink

shrink Member

I have silver/tan. Love it and think it looks very sharp. Will post some pictures after work.

5. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

I saw a silver/tan at a test drive event, and thought it looked great. Here are a couple pics I took:

uvy2egy4.jpg

8epe3esa.jpg

6. shrink

shrink Member

Here you go

IMG_6316.jpg

IMG_6317.jpg

IMG_6318.jpg

IMG_6319.jpg

IMG_6320.jpg

7. docrice

docrice Member

Is this seat wrinkling pretty typical for Tesla leather? That seems awfully dramatic to me. Perhaps it's just influenced by a heavy driver?

8. Tacket

Tacket Member

Or perhaps due to it being a test drive vehicle?

9. Kate S

Kate S Member

@shrink, thanks very much for posting those pics - very helpful. Those are the best silver / tan pics I've seen, and I do like the way it looks. In fact, since you have the obeche wood gloss too, that's the same configuration I've got on order. :)

10. RodF

RodF Member

I have a Silver/Tan with Obeche gloss as well. It looks great, does not clash at all.

11. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

That was a test drive vehicle. My seat looks nothing like that after 18 months and 20K miles.

12. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Shrink those are excellent pics. Kate S, the Obeche Gloss looks gorgeous with the Tan, you will love your config.