Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver Metallic is the most rare color (1/3 of next most rare)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with silver, although I really liked the red. I worried that the red would be too flashy and didn't really want to draw that much attention to the car especially by the police who are going to be less forgiving of a speeding red car more often having a younger driver behind the wheel. Besides, I love the contrast of the silver with the aeo wheels.

Wrong! Urban myth

There’s even a poll thread here with LEAST favorite M3 color and silver is in the lead.

Wasn’t sure the point of that other than to validate your own choice / troll other people’s choices?

It’s going to come down to who takes care of their car best one month after delivery..

Silver is lowest maintenance, lowest ticket magnet.

That’s the smart money choice.

Wrong.

If it was the same amazing multicoat metalic silver that was on the original demo car, I would have chosen that in a heartbeat. Alas, it was red for me.

The silver at the unveiling was stunning... but seeing a silver 3 in person recently was just "nice". I was planning on getting a wrap anyway (did it for our Pearl White Model S and the car is still pristine after 3+ years) but now I'm trying to figure out what will make it look most like the prototype silver. Have heard about "stealth" PPF and some kind of coating. What kind of coating? Has anyone done this recently or will be doing so soon? I configured some weeks ago but still haven't gotten a VIN, but do want to do some research so that I know what to do as soon as I get the 3. Can hardly wait! :)

Well, now I'm intrigued... anyone here have experience with "peelable paint"? AutoFlex? Check this out:

Paint Protection - Got my car Autoflex'ed with the concept silver during the reveal + Aero colorede

OMIGAWD...

I want that. However, what are the ramifications? XPEL Stealth (satin wrap) is probably the "safe" choice, as in the Like Tesla video. But check out that AutoFlex silver! Are there are any shops like that one in NYC here in the Pacific Northwest? I need to investigate this option!