Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver Metallic Paint Price Increase.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Y a few weeks ago. after placing the order I receive the purchase agreement and was provided a very reasonable delivery date. I selected the silver metallic paint because there was no charge for it (white was also a N/C option). I received my VIN immediately after ordering the car. now that I am ready to pick-up the car this week, Tesla now added the $1000 charge to my order (the color prices changed a few days ago). I called the local Tesla rep, who claimed it was outside of their control. Of course I can “walk away,” but I want the car. Is there a way I can someone at Tesla to address this? Thanks in advance

Answering the question being asked:

Tesla’s general practice in this case is to pass on overall favorable terms changes to customers that have not taken delivery yet. That’s what they’ve done.

What they DON’T do is let people mix and match new terms and old terms.

For example, you can’t say “thanks, I’ll take the $13k MSRP discount but refuse the increase in the destination fee.” Just like you can’t say “thanks, I’ll take the $13k MSRP discount but refuse the increase for the color I want”.

It’s really very simple. You get the old package or the new package.
Interestingly, I've read several reports on the forum of people making changes to their orders (which are getting the new price) but are able to keep the $1,200 destination fee (which is now $1,390).

Upvote 0