Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver Model 3 in San Deigo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've received my invite and need to configure my Model 3. I want to order the color silver but have not yet seen a silver Model 3 in the flesh.

Does anyone in San Diego have a silver Model 3 I can look at? - Hopefully North County - I only want to see the actual color of the paint.

Please let me know if you can help me out. I'm having trouble ordering a $50k+ car without seeing the color first. :)

I've received my invite and need to configure my Model 3. I want to order the color silver but have not yet seen a silver Model 3 in the flesh.

Does anyone in San Diego have a silver Model 3 I can look at? - Hopefully North County - I only want to see the actual color of the paint.

Please let me know if you can help me out. I'm having trouble ordering a $50k+ car without seeing the color first. :)

If no answers from members here, another suggestion to see a silver one would be to contact the San Diego service center @ 9250 Trade Place up near Miramar and ask them if they have any Silver Model 3s in the shop or if they know that one is coming in if they could let you know. Explain why. They understand wanting to see one in person before ordering. Seeing the whole car in that color can make or break it for someone. Good luck finding one. I saw one on the road the other day and it's not a color I see that often in a Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlyF4
LOL. Totally understand. I've been between colors myself although I have longer to vasilate since I decided to wait for AWD so still have plenty of time to be torn between the two. At the moment I'm hanging on to white as well (it was my first choice) but tempted by the devil red which is so gorgeous in sunlight (although not as crazy with it at night and under street lights). At least you are out of your color choice misery. ;)

Reactions: mjp462

Agree, I think you should want to see one first. I saw one at the GigaFactory last week and I would have expected it to be the same silver as on my X, but it didn't look the same. Personally I did not like that shade, but you might. A personal thing for sure. It appeared to be a little more washed out color next to my X. My rider liked it though, so definitely a personal preference. Good suggestions above. I'd take the advice of going to the SC where you are more likely to see one.

I have been seeing a silver M3 in the del mar / Carmel valley a bunch, seen it about 3 times now. Service center had 8 cars sitting around last time I was there. I also went with white! lets see when we get our vins.
Hopefully we will see our Model 3's delivered in March as part of Tesla's end of quarter push. However, based on my experience with them missing all production goals (by a lot!), I'll be happy to see my white Model 3 in my garage in April. So freaking excited!!