Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver Model S...What's up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I chose pearl white for the following reasons:
1. It outlines the shape and design very well
2. Previous pearl white cars that I owned (2) were easier to keep looking clean than the colored ones (14).
3. Silver was my second choice but there are too many silver high-end German cars in my community.
4. I wanted a color that would best reflect/deflect the FL sun and minimize heat absorption. Ditto for the tan interior.
5. Safety: it is more visible when the light is poor - dawn, dusk, and at night.

I would guess that most people over-thought their color decision - having way more time than any other car they got in the past :)
I also ended up with Blue - instead of white or silver

I would bet that the color choice 'distribution' would be different if everyone would have been able to pick the car in person and drive it home. Not saying good or bad either way.

And yes, if I had to pick one today it would be silver - and the lighter interior. All the rest would be the same -I had all options except kid seats, and would now include the '+' !

I decided to go with black because I wanted to be "cool", but I'm sure that there will be plenty of times that I wish I had the silver for its great dust-hiding feature. Silver looks fantastic with the grey wheels, but I wasn't up for adding so much to my purchase price...

I would bet that the color choice 'distribution' would be different if everyone would have been able to pick the car in person and drive it home. Not saying good or bad either way.

The Model S is the only car we truly got to decide the color on. Every other time it was a choice of the colors on the lot, even trying to get the color we wanted was so much of a battle that we settled for what the dealer chose to order months prior to our visit. Dealers order more silver cars, so sheeple buy more silver cars, so dealers order more silver cars...

I am very happy with my choice to get silver.

My first choice would have been a nice blue that doesn't look black much of the time. Between black, almost-black blue or green, brown, white or silver, silver was the best looking option in my opinion. I think it brings to mind a speeding bullet. I have never seen another silver one driving around, which makes me feel mine is somewhat unique. The only thing about it I didn't expect is all the dirt that gets on the back end within a day or 2 after a wash. I don't suppose it's visible by casual observers on the street, but I see it every time I load or unload the trunk. I guess that would be worse on white.

That makes sense. My previous car was black, and it did not show the lines of the car. White definitely shows the lines really well. Silver shows the lines pretty well too, and in the right light it can almost seem white.

The one thing I don't like about my Silver is that, in my opinion, colored wheels don't look as good.

View attachment 23897View attachment 23898

No offense but those rims dont really suit the car, they look kind of odd.

But Grey turbines look the best on a silver Model S. They really make it pop along with tinted windows which greatly enhance the "bland" looking color. 2 must haves for silver if you dont want it looking dull.