Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver on white 2017 Model S 75 w/ only 3k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

First time poster but long time 'lurker'!

I'm planning to sell my 2017 Model S 75 to get a Model X. We have two Model S's and have owned four over the years, so I thought it'd be nice to get an X (plus I qualify for the Section 179 deduction on the X which is a big advantage)

I'm pretty meticulous (my wife might say obsessive :) about my cars which hopefully is reflected in the photos. in terms of key features and options, here's an overview;
- 1 owner (believe the car arrived in March)
- 3.1k miles
- No accidents or paintwork
- Stored in a climate controlled garage
- Silver exterior
- Carbon fiber interior trim
- 19" slipstream wheels
- White vegan leather interior (IMO much nicer than the regular leather seats I've had in the past)
- Custom ordered vegan leather steering wheel (Tesla will accommodate the ask when you order)
- Autopilot 2.0 hardware
- Enhanced autopilot (I didn't opt for the full-self driving since likely a few years out at least)
- Unlimited supercharging
- It does not have the glass sunroof or Premium package (I had issues with the sunroofs in my last two S's so chose not to go that route this time)

In the spirit of full disclosure, as I was taking photos to list the car I noticed a fingernail sized raised bump on the rear bumper which I've included a close up of. The bumper is in otherwise perfect condition so not sure if it's a manufacturing imperfection - will try and take it by Tesla to see what they think

in terms of price, I've struggled to determine a fair price at as the estimates on Edmunds & Black Book seem optimistic (KBB doesn't offer a valuation on the 2017's). Edmunds suggests $68k for a private party sale - my sense is $64-65k is probably fair but interested in the group's thoughts

Thanks everyone for the consideration!

Mathieu

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    893.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    952.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    542.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    853.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    740.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Int 1.JPG
    Int 1.JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Int 2.JPG
    Int 2.JPG
    261.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Int 3.JPG
    Int 3.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 146
  • Bump.JPG
    Bump.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 141
Ugh....I really told myself that I wasn't going to spend more than $55K for a used S instead of staying with my Model 3 reservation, but this is tempting. I am guessing this one is updated to the 4.2 second 0-60 time? Thanks!

Randy

Hi Randy - sadly no, it isn't the updated 4.2 sec time ... missed that by about a month! That's the one downside with Tesla - every time I get a new one, they introduce something new!

I had a P85D prior to the 75, and while that's obviously in a whole different league in terms of acceleration, the 75 feels very quick (faster than a Porsche we have). I haven't regretted the decision - particularly given the 21" wheels on the P85D I thought materially impacted ride quality

Either way you go, you'll won't regret your decision!

Mathieu

Hi Randy - sadly no, it isn't the updated 4.2 sec time ... missed that by about a month! That's the one downside with Tesla - every time I get a new one, they introduce something new!

I had a P85D prior to the 75, and while that's obviously in a whole different league in terms of acceleration, the 75 feels very quick (faster than a Porsche we have). I haven't regretted the decision - particularly given the 21" wheels on the P85D I thought materially impacted ride quality

Either way you go, you'll won't regret your decision!

Mathieu

Thanks....if I did this, I would be breaking a two promises I made myself....one was to not go over $55K for a used Model S; and the other was to not get a car slower than my anticipated Model 3. I can maybe live with one of those, but not likely both. This is a heart breaker, though...and you are even local. Dangit! :) Thank you for the quick reply and good luck on the sale!

Am I correct that the order for this car was placed before January 15th, 2017?

Yes that's right. I want to say I placed the order in Nov of 2016, but the original car that I ordered was damaged on the way from the factory to Dallas (evidently the car above it on the truck fell on it!), so they reordered me a new car with the same specs. Not exactly sure of the timing of that reorder, but believe it was late Dec or early Jan since the car didn't arrive till Mar

I didn't look it up but it amazes me how a used '17 model S car without very few options can have a KBB list price of $68k when you can walk into Tesla and but an inventory FSD AP2 S75 car with leather, any color for $70k after tax credit and referral, even less if your state offers incentives. Plus the new ones have a glass roof, power hatch, faster speed, and a few other upgrades included. You can't beat that if you could buy a new one every year and only loose a few dollars

I didn't look it up but it amazes me how a used '17 model S car without very few options can have a KBB list price of $68k when you can walk into Tesla and but an inventory FSD AP2 S75 car with leather, any color for $70k after tax credit and referral, even less if your state offers incentives. Plus the new ones have a glass roof, power hatch, faster speed, and a few other upgrades included. You can't beat that if you could buy a new one every year and only loose a few dollars

I've found KBB is almost always optimistic and Edmunds is usually more accurate, but in this case Edmunds and Black Book I think are overestimating the value. That said, I've been surprised by dealer offers which have ranged from $62-65k (Tesla I'm sure would come in lower - they were much lower on my P85D than anyone else).

I'm not sure though that I'd say it's financially attractive to do what I'm doing since even at $65k, that's a $11k loss for 7-8 months of ownership and 3k miles ($80.3k+~$5k in taxes-$1k referral-$7.5k tax credit-$65k). It's not terrible, but it's also not probably a great deal :)

I've found KBB is almost always optimistic and Edmunds is usually more accurate, but in this case Edmunds and Black Book I think are overestimating the value. That said, I've been surprised by dealer offers which have ranged from $62-65k (Tesla I'm sure would come in lower - they were much lower on my P85D than anyone else).

I'm not sure though that I'd say it's financially attractive to do what I'm doing since even at $65k, that's a $11k loss for 7-8 months of ownership and 3k miles ($80.3k+~$5k in taxes-$1k referral-$7.5k tax credit-$65k). It's not terrible, but it's also not probably a great deal :)
I wish you the best of luck, that is great if you can get $65k. After Tesla reduced the new sticker price on glass roof cars by roughly $7500 under the pricing on the same option cars I would have thought the used price would have been less. I think Edmunds is figuring a much higher window sticker car when they are come up with a 68k resale price. The pool of Tesla’s is too small to get an accurate estimate. Cars with options take a much bigger hit than that.

That is a very nice looking car. If nothing else, you have persuaded me that silver is the right color to have. A metal roof is also nice for us who prefer to avoid both light and heat. All that said, am I correct to think it does not have air suspension? Thank you.

That is a very nice looking car. If nothing else, you have persuaded me that silver is the right color to have. A metal roof is also nice for us who prefer to avoid both light and heat. All that said, am I correct to think it does not have air suspension? Thank you.
That's right - no air suspension. I'm probably scarred by memories of a former Range Rover that had an air suspension (hopefully Tesla's are more reliable!)