Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver or White? Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The silver shown during the Mar 31 2016 reveal was amazing. Very metallic. The production silver feels dull and gray. I would have gone with the reveal silver if it had been an option.
tes3.jpg

There is quite a few people on the TMC who feel exactly the same. The prototype silver is an insanely vibrant metallic silver. almost a bit like an unpainted model 3 - similar to a delorean. This isn't a result of being in a well lit studio, the prototype kept this appearance outside as well.
I had no doubt that this would be my colour but the released silver looks more like grey and definitely not a big fan.

Last edited:
I see a lot of Model 3s around the Bay Area (2 or 3 each and every day these days) and the blue and red are the most striking/head turning IMO.

I really like the midnight silver color. Personally I think it is more interesting than the regular silver.

FWIW, I see fewer silver Model 3s around than white. White seems a bit more popular in my random sampling. But I do see some silver cars. The only color I think I have not yet seen in person is black, now that I think of it.

I'd go white if the choice was silver or white. But of course the real "right" answer is go for whatever color you prefer ;)

I know it is stupid question as the answer will be always subjective. But I would like to know from people who saw TM3 in white and silver in person. Which colour do you like more? I am affraid that the silver is more like dull gray but on some photos it looks fantastic. Meanwhile I say white in video and the pearl glimmering was visible and nice.
Also I will go with white interior and 18 aero wheels. I am adfrad that white exterior+interior will look stupid, more like Pope wan :)
Help?!
BOTH are stunning in person. i spent half an hour at our local delivery location trying to decide myself between metallic silver and pearl white. I really wanted midnight silver but it's just too dark. If it weren't for the fact that I have owned a dozen silver cars in my life, I would buy a silver one, but I'm going with the white model 3. The white is really good looking when you are close up to it and to my surprise, the dust doesn't show up that easily.