Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver Plasti Dipped Aeros project on Silver Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's my update on how mine held up 2 1/2 years later. They look pretty disgusting. The black has been sun bleached to a grey color and the glossifier on top of both the black and metalizer colors is now just a matte mess.

Because of this, now that we have other options, I've gone with the Rimetrix Orbitals. I'm lazy and the time and effort in masking off two colors along with applying glossifier regularly is a fail for me. I'm still waiting for my Tesla center caps at the moment but having Rimetrix Orbitals on for a few days, I'm loving the look but I wonder how the foam that's used to protect the rims from pitting will hold up over the same time period. I imagine, there'll be some messy removal and reapplying new foam involved on a regular schedule even if the covers last.

Seems like there's pluses and minuses with whatever option you go with to make the now aged, Aero wheel covers look better than stock.

Here's my update on how mine held up 2 1/2 years later. They look pretty disgusting. The black has been sun bleached to a grey color and the glossifier on top of both the black and metalizer colors is now just a matte mess.

Because of this, now that we have other options, I've gone with the Rimetrix Orbitals. I'm lazy and the time and effort in masking off two colors along with applying glossifier regularly is a fail for me. I'm still waiting for my Tesla center caps at the moment but having Rimetrix Orbitals on for a few days, I'm loving the look but I wonder how the foam that's used to protect the rims from pitting will hold up over the same time period. I imagine, there'll be some messy removal and reapplying new foam involved on a regular schedule even if the covers last.

Seems like there's pluses and minuses with whatever option you go with to make the now aged, Aero wheel covers look better than stock.

Just to be clear about the IMGUR link above, I included photos from 2 1/2 years ago when I originally plastidipped them to easily compare a before and after.

Anyone else have similar experiences or am I just a dirty slob with my car?

Which color Orbitals did you go with? Any pictures?