Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver Prototype (Non-Operational) Model X sighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sitting at the Hawthorne Supercharger, and they just rolled a full-size mock-up into the lobby for display purposes ... no drivetrain, because 4 guys had to push it into place, and the windows are tinted too dark to see any detail of the interior, but if you want to get a sense of the size of this thing, or just a "sneek peek", go check it out

Yes, that's the one that's been there. I don't believe it's ever been operational. It's probably been on display somewhere else, just returning to the mothership.

- - - Updated - - -

... I just got a little excited because it's the first one I've seen in person

We'll have to make sure to warn you before you run into the white one. That one is operational, has a full interior... and several of us have ridden in it. Some of us (me) more than once.

:)

Are you talking about this one? - https://twitter.com/stevewoz/status/459099205861392384/photo/1

Bl8MS5CIcAAbAIn.jpg

I have seen it is real life just last week. Definitely higher and 'roomier' than the Model S. Without having taken any measurements I'd say it's similar in width and maybe a tad longer. Nothing is operational and the interior is missing completely so it's not possible to get an idea how the seats will be. Obviously there is the video of the official event when they revealed the Model X. The increased height and weight will reduce the range for sure. I think it looks great and once it's out it will become our family car :)