TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Silver Tesla, cookham and marlow bridge

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by princeofhouse, Feb 5, 2017.

1. princeofhouse

princeofhouse Member

Hello everyone

Long time lurker.

bit of a local UK question would be curious to know :)

1. A little background.. as someone working up to buy a model s (or 3 if slow to fund) i had the most terrible thought about width restrictions on my home town when it comes to get across the bridge.

Has anyone with a model S tried to go across the marlow bridge? been struggling to find the width dimensions for the blockers. Given its uncomfortable when I do with my vw (but I am a paranoid driver) golf sv can a tesla make it through.

2. Was driving through Cookham today, 12-1pm. never see a tesla before the day I got into them, saw one on way back from tesla shop for first time, and coming across train tracks in cookham what do I see, a silver model S.
    I had to fight the urge to turn around and chase it down/follow it. lol

So, was that you in cookham 05/02/2017? just nosy :D

anyway odd question I know but what would be the chances.

have a good sunday everyone.

2. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Member

Per Model S Specifications the width of a Model S is:
    • Width 86.2"
      With mirrors folded 77.3"
    I'd suggest you measure the bridge yourself.

Don't listen to anyone who tries to tell you how wide a Model 3 is: even if they measured the prototype themselves, that's no guarantee of what the production model will be, and there aren't any production models yet.

Good luck finding your silver phantom!

3. princeofhouse

princeofhouse Member

marlow bridge is its own beast so hoping for a voice of experience, measuring only tells you so much.
    plus would love to hear that got some local owners :)

by spec the model 3 is not as wide as the s but its still fairly wide. but as you say we don't have anything proper until tesla announce production specs.

4. princeofhouse

princeofhouse Member

btw am I missing a trick but how do I put in my profile picture? I click on the space for it in my profile and get "the following error.. you do not have permission to view or perform this action"

am sure figure it out just not had time to lol

5. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

You have to make a certain number of posts before you can post a profile pic. I think it's 6, but I'm not positive on that figure.

6. princeofhouse

princeofhouse Member

that was my guess.

7. princeofhouse

princeofhouse Member

#7 princeofhouse, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    you were right. now people can see my horrible disfigured form :D