Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver versus black wall connectors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i would like to buy a wall connector and have seen a few on eBay. is there a way to make sure that they are the second generation wall connector.? For example Most on eBay are silver but I have seen some black ones? Sure appreciate any help, Just ordered the x and am very new to this!!!

Todd

The matte black ones are "Signature Black Wall Connectors" available only through the referral program I believe.
signature wall connector.jpg

I would love to trade the Radio Flyer kids' electric car for a wall connector. They changed the referral program just a few weeks after I got my first referral, and I asked, but couldn't switch it to the signature black wall connector. I have the email link to order the kids' car, but haven't done it yet.

I would love to trade the Radio Flyer kids' electric car for a wall connector. They changed the referral program just a few weeks after I got my first referral, and I asked, but couldn't switch it to the signature black wall connector. I have the email link to order the kids' car, but haven't done it yet.

Getting off topic, but you could always offer to sell the Radio Flyer on craigslist or eBay, drop-ship the order to the buyer (submit their address as the shipping address) and then use the proceeds to order a wall connector for yourself from Tesla. It wouldn't be a black one, but you'd still have the wall connector.

Getting off topic, but you could always offer to sell the Radio Flyer on craigslist or eBay, drop-ship the order to the buyer (submit their address as the shipping address) and then use the proceeds to order a wall connector for yourself from Tesla. It wouldn't be a black one, but you'd still have the wall connector.
Yeah, I know I could do the direct drop ship to someone else, so they would get it brand new. I've been checking on that in the forum a little bit, but people are lowballing me with offers of like 300 or 350 for the Radio Flyer, which is a $500 price. The wall connector is also $500.

Reactions: Olds442
Yeah, I know I could do the direct drop ship to someone else, so they would get it brand new. I've been checking on that in the forum a little bit, but people are lowballing me with offers of like 300 or 350 for the Radio Flyer, which is a $500 price. The wall connector is also $500.
it's always good to check the ebay sold listings for what the "going rate" really is. Unused or not, it's still a secondary market sale, which often differs from what retailers ask. just my .02, best of luck with the sale!