Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver w/ Performance Grey Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm probably a good year away from finally placing my order for a Model S. Most of my selections are in stone except for interior and exterior colors. This past weekend I was on a road trip from CT to DC and back. I made a point to stop by as many Tesla shops along the way to see the colors in person. To my luck the three colors I'm down to (White, Blue, Silver) were all on display throughout my trip. Before the trip I was set on blue exterior with performance grey interior. But after seeing all three colors, the silver just gave me that gut feeling like this is the one. To me it just pops and compliments the accents very well. Now I still love the performance grey interior but have yet to see it on a silver Model S. I know the color combo debate has been talked about a many a times here in the forums but I have yet to come across a silver/performance grey combo. If anyone has any thoughts on my combo or even some pictures of their own with it that would be great. I know its tough to go wrong with any combo but would love to see it first hand.

I think the Silver with the grey interior would look nice. The grey looks really nice with the contrast between the black and the grey, see my photo of my grey interior (I didn't get the performance version so no tan piping). If I were you I wouldn't get the performance seats and I'd get the black headliner (I'm somewhat kicking myself for not doing that now, though I'm really not sure how I feel about the suede material for the headliner which is why I left it as cloth). I tend to think the tan headliner looks weird. But if you want the performance seats and are ok with the tan piping then I'd stay with a tan headliner.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60412&d=1412130406.jpg

You can drive yourself crazy trying to decide which color combinations look the best.
It's because the Model S is a phenomenally attractive car and looks really good in all colors.
Some combos are more striking, and breser is spot on with his recommendation.
Silver with grey will be a little monochromatic but also calming and sophisticated, along with easy to take of, and not hot in the Summer.

Yeah, next time you're in FL, stop by and see it. But seriously, some people think that the silver is boring and it definitely gets less looks from other drivers on the road. But I think it looks elegant and it is definitely easy to take care of. As for the performance interior, I like that little bit of alcantara on the seats and it adds a bit of grip to keep you from sliding around on the seat in a corner. The tan piping also help to tie in the cream colored headliner which might otherwise look out of place. (thanks for the props, l8e)