Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Simple Explanation (video): Model 3 Preparation, Enhancement and Protection

Jean-Claude

Local Vendor - Southeast
Feb 3, 2015
Atlanta, GA.
I've been sitting on this video content since the first Model 3's were being delivered but I just didn't have the time to piece it together and do the voice over. Finally, I made the time to put a brief 13 minute video together explaining certain aspects of our process and also dispelling some paint coating exaggerations.

To make it easier for someone to locate a specific topic, I have provided time-stamped topic links in the youtube description.

Feel free to fire off any questions you may have and I'll do my best to address them.

Some of the topics discussed:
·Enclosed transport benefits
·Wheels cleaned
·Body pre-treat, decontamination and wash
·Modesta coating prep
·Paint protection film installation

·Frunk badge removed, installed and explained
·Double sided tape
·Wheel coating (albeit, there is not a ton of content on this one and I explain why in the video)
·Modesta paint coating applied to the body and ceramic paint coatings explained, in general
·Infrared lamp treatment and full-cure time line

·Temporary protection during curing process and private owner maintenance spray explained
·Tesla Model 3 finale product: paint and wheels enhanced and protected with Modesta coatings and clear bra
installed

Thanks for watching and I hope you've enjoyed it!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC