Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Simple Wheel Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked but could not find anything on this. Will the 21" Uberturbine wheels and tires combination that comes with the Model Y Performance package fit on any of the Model 3's? I see that the bolt pattern is the same for both of them, but I am wondering about the suspension and clearances on the Model 3's.

I looked but could not find anything on this. Will the 21" Uberturbine wheels and tires combination that comes with the Model Y Performance package fit on any of the Model 3's? I see that the bolt pattern is the same for both of them, but I am wondering about the suspension and clearances on the Model 3's.

From what I have seen they will not fit with the stock MY tires, the diameter is too big and hits a steering knuckle in the front, max tire diameter that will fit without grinding down the steering knuckle is 27.5", the stock MYP front tires are 28". If you put smaller tires on them they may work but I don't know if anyone has done it. Only size I see that would be an option are 275/25/21's (26.4" diameter) or maybe 265/30/21's, (27.3" diameter) 255/30/21's would fit in the front on the front wheels, but they would be too narrow for the rear wheels.

Keith