Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Simplified interior configurations, what to expect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are a day 1 Model 3 reservation holder in Europe but currently considering to maybe go for the Model X instead. We have 3 children and therefore the X would be the more practical option. We would go for the 75D with white 7 seats interior.

Recently, Musk announced that on November 1st, interior configurations would be further simplified. Are there any rumours what the expected changes could be? Is there a chance that we will now in advance what will change?

We absolutely want the white interior (with black headliner), 7 seats and no perforation. What are the chances that this combination will remain?

Pure speculation...

High probability - Black premium interior with white headliner goes away. So only black premium interior with black headliner remains.
High probability - Ventilated seats becomes standard for black premium interior and white premium interior, not just for P100D.
Moderate probability - Textile interior goes away (i.e. premium interior becomes standard with or without a price increase)
Low probability - Cream interior goes away. This would really suck. I think the cream interior is very nice.

Reactions: outie
Pure speculation...

High probability - Black premium interior with white headliner goes away. So only black premium interior with black headliner remains.
High probability - Ventilated seats becomes standard for black premium interior and white premium interior, not just for P100D.
Moderate probability - Textile interior goes away (i.e. premium interior becomes standard with or without a price increase)
Low probability - Cream interior goes away. This would really suck. I think the cream interior is very nice.

I think textile interior going away is likely with premium interior as standard (with price increase of course)... I can see Tesla wanting to increase their gross margins...

Pure speculation...

As someone who just go its car out of production and in transit, I would be pretty sad to see that I missed on the perforated seats. So I just hope that you are wrong with point 2 :D

We are a day 1 Model 3 reservation holder in Europe but currently considering to maybe go for the Model X instead. We have 3 children and therefore the X would be the more practical option. We would go for the 75D with white 7 seats interior.

Recently, Musk announced that on November 1st, interior configurations would be further simplified. Are there any rumours what the expected changes could be? Is there a chance that we will now in advance what will change?

We absolutely want the white interior (with black headliner), 7 seats and no perforation. What are the chances that this combination will remain?

Your proposed spec is the exact car we have and it's pretty awesome as family transport! The ultra-white interior is a very popular option, so I think it's extremely unlikely to disappear. It's almost a unique Tesla signature interior and I believe it's Elon's favourite too, lol. Anyone's guess on perforated seats becoming standard or not. My gut feeling is not, but that means absolutely nothing.

If I had to guess what the simplifications are going to be, I would say deletion of the light headliner option with black seats (that would be a no-brainer really). Deletion of the fabric seats is quite possible too, especially ahead of a full interior refresh. There isn't actually a lot else they can simplify. I suppose it's possible they could make all the seats ventilated, but that sounds more like a complication to me that they previously deleted. I'm surprised ventilated seats came back on the P100D at this point in time, but maybe that in itself is a clue as to their intentions.

I wouldn't sweat too much, I think you are very likely to get the interior spec you want and probably for slightly less cost. At worst case you might have to live with ventilated seats!