Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Since I did an update to my 2021 Y it is not allowing me to put my car in gear with my phone. It’s telling my to use my card. I have an iPhone 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did an update to my 2021 Y last night & today it doesn’t allow me to put my car in gear without the key card. I have an iPhone 10X & I have rebooted the phone twice.

Attachments

• 507E314F-FE41-461B-BC4D-E1AB0353B06A.jpeg
    507E314F-FE41-461B-BC4D-E1AB0353B06A.jpeg
    658.1 KB · Views: 57
Most obvious: make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is on.
Next, close the app fully on your phone and reopen it.
Next to try: reset the car’s console by pressing and holding the brake and both thumbwheels until you see the Tesla logo appear on the screen.
Next thing to try is to turn the car off then restart it. First, turn off your phone’s Bluetooth so this doesn’t awaken the car before the power has fully cycled. Also keep the card away from the sensor inside the car. Then turn off the car (in one of the lesser sub-menus after pressing the car icon). Wait 5+ minutes. Turn on Bluetooth. Put foot on brake. Car should restart. If it doesn’t, put the card on the console and press the brake.
If nothing above works, uninstall the app on your phone and reinstall it.
Final thing I can think of is go into the menu on the car and have it forget your phone, then re-set up your phone as a key.
I’ve once had the problem you describe. Can’t remember which of the above worked for me, but they’re all basic troubleshooting steps for your problem.
Good luck!

Upvote 0