Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Since my MC2/HW3 upgrade, the car will not sleep when plugged in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I jumped the gun on this one and can also confirm it isn't fixed. The car is sleeping initially but at some point later in the evening waking up. I'm still seeing the screen burn I posted the photo of from the screen staying on so long.

I've been experiencing the same. I installed TeslaMate just to confirm my suspicion. Car sleep and wakes at set intervals.

upload_2021-1-10_19-39-15.png

I am wondering if recent temperate drop in Toronto area (very cold nights) is causing this. The garage stays above freezing but my last temp reading was only 2C. Could this be the culprit?

Also noticed massive amounts of data uploaded to Tesla last couple nights - 5GB in last 24 hours alone! Maybe i'll try to turn off car wifi although it keeps coming back after each drive. Figure Tesla wouldn't upload all that data if it was only getting a LTE connection.

Although below freezing outside last night, my garage here in Austin rarely gets below 50F in the winter (as well as Austin rarely getting too cold). I've been experiencing this constant awake/sleep cycle since 2020.48.*

My office is on the same wall as the garage/Tesla wall charger. I've been listening to it wake and the relays open/close on the wall unit for over a month, it led me to installing TeslaMate on a VM here just to confirm. It's pretty annoying, but one can't think that it is very healthy for the long term either.

Car is waking/sleeping 60+ times a day while its in a closed garage, on wifi, and plugged into a wall charger.

W/ Brakus experiencing the same thing, and being on an MCU1, well who knows what the interconnection is, other than a bug. Hope they're aware of it and will get it fixed for this "Holiday Update" coming June 2021 :D

2017 Model S had the mcu2 and HW3 upgrade done last summer. Typically I would lower my charge setting after charging so I didn’t notice this until now when I had left it set the other day. my car will not only stay awake but it wakes up and pulls anywhere from 17-6kw from the HPWC when plugged in. Because I have a lot of LED lights in the house on dimmers the lights in the house are flickering every 30 mins in my house because of the car. This can’t be normal or good for the electronics in the car. I have a power monitor on the house and the attached pic is the difference between leaving the car set below the charge level and leaving it at the set charge level. Nothing else is monitoring the car, no third party apps are active.
This behavior has to change it can’t be normal. The gap when it’s not pulling from the house at the end between Sunday and Monday I had lowered the setting below the charge level.

Attachments

• F5763C37-F627-43B9-80EA-D3C970AD8015.png
    F5763C37-F627-43B9-80EA-D3C970AD8015.png
    199 KB · Views: 88
2017 Model S had the mcu2 and HW3 upgrade done last summer. Typically I would lower my charge setting after charging so I didn’t notice this until now when I had left it set the other day. my car will not only stay awake but it wakes up and pulls anywhere from 17-6kw from the HPWC when plugged in. Because I have a lot of LED lights in the house on dimmers the lights in the house are flickering every 30 mins in my house because of the car. This can’t be normal or good for the electronics in the car. I have a power monitor on the house and the attached pic is the difference between leaving the car set below the charge level and leaving it at the set charge level. Nothing else is monitoring the car, no third party apps are active.
This behavior has to change it can’t be normal. The gap when it’s not pulling from the house at the end between Sunday and Monday I had lowered the setting below the charge level.
Plot thickens

Attachments

• DCC758C1-CA2B-4391-B04E-EA96CAC74A54.jpeg
    DCC758C1-CA2B-4391-B04E-EA96CAC74A54.jpeg
    472.2 KB · Views: 77