Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Since typical car salesman gets typical licenses, what is the case for Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
New to posting here.
Off the bat, I am actively finding my dream job, and I so happen to love looking at the MS, talking about the MS, letting my friends and fam know about the MS.
My brother is a car sales man, I mention it a lot to him that this company is nothing of the traditional car companies, it may actually disrupt his job and cause him to go jobless or at least do some damage to his sales as he is commission based for a semi-high end competitive car company.
Being on the look out for him as well as myself, an IT level 1 technician/furniture mover on life support with piling debt and mortgage, what would be the recommendation to becoming someone certified to work with Tesla?
All I hear and see are, engineers, sales managers, mechanics that are getting the first waves of jobs at Tesla, how can a guy starting from ground up, not to mention desperate, land such opportunities?

Tesla is expanding rapidly and they do have a Service Center in Toronto, just go down and talk to the manager there and ask him directly.

Thanks for the reply! Never knew they had an actual SC so close by, always thought they only had mall dealerships and Mississauga SC.
If I feel the incline, and some shameful courage, I would definitely make that trip.:love:
Let me get some paper copy of my resumes stacked in my car, since my job requires me to pass by that area almost everyday, I might just get that rush to actually charge in.

But...rolling back, before I really jump ahead of myself... Would there be any notes and pointers as to where I can find some meaningful and educating courses or certificates? :tongue:
I wouldn't want the first question be like "what makes you feel qualified to be here?", James: "because I love Tesla.."

James,

I recommend you check out Elon Musk youtube. There is really a lot and many things get asked and answered more than once. Get a glimpse of his mission, his vision. If you can subscribe to that, you might see the road ahead, what needs to be done, and what your contribution could be.

Thanks for the reply! Never knew they had an actual SC so close by, always thought they only had mall dealerships and Mississauga SC.
If I feel the incline, and some shameful courage, I would definitely make that trip.:love:
Let me get some paper copy of my resumes stacked in my car, since my job requires me to pass by that area almost everyday, I might just get that rush to actually charge in.

But...rolling back, before I really jump ahead of myself... Would there be any notes and pointers as to where I can find some meaningful and educating courses or certificates? :tongue:
I wouldn't want the first question be like "what makes you feel qualified to be here?", James: "because I love Tesla.."
I would do just the opposite. I would do exactly that! Tell them you are not totally qualified BUT you love Tesla so much you would like to get qualified and then asked what the Manager would recommend. Indicate your willingness to become qualified. If you came to me with that kind of attitude it would certainly make points with me!

James, with respect to you and your IT background, I believe that the only positions of this type you will find will be in California...in Canada, I believe there are only sales & service / ranger positions currently...

Jaff, Cali is my dream vacation destination/ultimate work/retire spot, all I hear about there are the bad traffic and competition. In my situation right now, there is no way for me to even dream about dat...

I actually would love the chance to be a ranger, I love being in the front line when it comes to solving any tech issues, I think it might be my way out of teaching people how to press the restart button...
Treating a car like a computer would certainly brings me forward to the 21st century, I just don't know how technical it may be i.e battery, programming