Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Since yesterday's update, can't change the charging limit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On our 2016 Model X P90DL ever sense yesterday's update, 12-27-2021, can't change the charging limit anymore on the infotainment screen. Wanted to change it to 100% from 80% charge limit for a trip tomorrow. Not very happy with this latest update. Also, the map used to show all the supercharger locations when you pressed the supercharger icon. Now you have to be zoomed in close in order to see a super charger which sucks if you don't know where a supercharger may be located so don't know where to zoom into.

...can't change the charging limit anymore on the infotainment screen. Wanted to change it to 100% from 80% charge limit for a trip tomorrow...
Others also experienced the same scenario too. Currently, the only solution is to go to your app and turn up your charging setting when your Superchargers would automatically dial yours down.

That is not an optimal solution because sometimes, it takes quite a long time for the app to connect despite good signals.

On our 2016 Model X P90DL ever sense yesterday's update, 12-27-2021, can't change the charging limit anymore on the infotainment screen. Wanted to change it to 100% from 80% charge limit for a trip tomorrow. Not very happy with this latest update. Also, the map used to show all the supercharger locations when you pressed the supercharger icon. Now you have to be zoomed in close in order to see a super charger which sucks if you don't know where a supercharger may be located so don't know where to zoom into.

I suspect you are encountering the same bug that I am. It appears that this is not intentional and I suspect a fix will go out in the near future. At least, I hope! Until then, like others have mentioned you can use your mobile app.

1640758717673.png

Somebody else posted a photo of their car and it looks like this is the intended behavior:
1640758788072.png

Reactions: OVB1
Sounds like this Christmas update might be more trouble than it's worth. If it makes you feel any better OP, my MX doesn't have the update and I haven't been able to set the charge limit in my car for months.
Not a huge deal using the app to set the charge. I typically leave it at 90 unless I need to charge higher during a trip. But, being unable to set anything all together would be a no go!

App works great when I am home with WIFI. I only have text and calling on the phone for me, retired and screed is too small to surf the web, besides I have free connectivity on the Tesla and it works great when needed. So away from my Wi-Fi, can't change the charging limit like I used to.

I don't understand. The Supercharger icon was moved from the map to the navigate button. But it is still there. Covered in the release notes.
Oh I found it now thanks to you. I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere in the release notes.

I wish they would have left it on the Home Screen and used the new pin function as an togggle option in settings.

I personally don’t see a need to quick access hiding/un hiding locations on the map.

It also apparently is still on the main screen if you are NOT navigating.
Not so. There is a button that I thinks looks a bit like the old SC button, but now it toggles labels on and off. I think it is the reason some are saying SCs show up only if you are near one, because it will toggle on/off several potential points of interest. Superchargers are always accessible via the navigation screen now, even if a trip is already set, can get all the SC locations to toggle on.

Not so. There is a button that I thinks looks a bit like the old SC button, but now it toggles labels on and off. I think it is the reason some are saying SCs show up only if you are near one, because it will toggle on/off several potential points of interest. Superchargers are always accessible via the navigation screen now, even if a trip is already set, can get all the SC locations to toggle on.

Here's what mine looks like:
1641238806442.png

1641238828250.png

I went on a little trip over the weekend and right as I was pulling into 2 out of my 6 supercharging stops, my MCU froze. Had to reboot both times. Before this have only had to reboot a couple of times in the 18 months since I had the MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade. This used to happen all the time with MCU1 tho. Hope it was a passing quirk. Can’t help but wonder what V11 has done to cause this.

I’ve had the same issue until I got an update this morning (2021.44.30.6) which solves this issue. UI isn’t as refined but at least it’s functional and I’m able to change the charging limit.
Ah, thanks for the update.
I was still reflecting on how pathetic this was on Tesla's part. This isn't one of the types of features that affects something with dozens of variations throughout a lot of years and product lines, like motors or battery packs that would require a lot of time and effort to test. They have only TWO versions of screen orientation and resolution to test!! They have the vertical and the horizontal, and they seemingly never bothered to check the display changes on one of the two screen setups across their product lines. That is bush league.

FWIW, I was able to adjust my charge limit from the MCU in my 17 X on 2021.44.25.6. it wasn't exactly intuitive without the arrow on the bottom to grab, but I coud drag the limit line, and IMO, it was actually better than the v10+ way in that it would actually snap to more places to give you OCD control, but not quite as good as the v8 way (where there were literally left and right buttons you could use to move 1% at a time if you so desired).