Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Single folding side mirror from touch screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my new Model Y LR yesterday. Love it. When I brought it hone I realized Y is wider than I thought and I have very little side clearance pulling the Y into the garage. Would be really helpful if I could fold just the right side mirror in from touch screen. Is this possible? Thanks for any suggestions.

Just got my new Model Y LR yesterday. Love it. When I brought it hone I realized Y is wider than I thought and I have very little side clearance pulling the Y into the garage. Would be really helpful if I could fold just the right side mirror in from touch screen. Is this possible? Thanks for any suggestions.
If the garage is that tight, The best way to do it is to place some markers (paint, tape, etc.) on the garage floor to match up to the white lines of the backup camera, and maybe a line matching up to when to stop going backwards.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
If the garage is that tight, The best way to do it is to place some markers (paint, tape, etc.) on the garage floor to match up to the white lines of the backup camera, and maybe a line matching up to when to stop going backwards.
Thank you for the great suggestion

I don’t have the width issue but I use a painted line so when I back up, as soon as I can’t see the line any longer, I know the front will clear the garage door. This way I can maximize the space behind the vehicle but not risk the garage door hitting the front end.
46824F30-2932-406F-B1C6-CB0A0E81D683.jpeg