Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Single Motor Y Price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Robocop

Jul 10, 2017
US
Dual Motor Long Range is $49,990. Obviously we know a 'standard range' version isn't being built, but Elon indicated the single motor LR could come out this year (has anyone heard rumors of that recently?).

In any case, my dream of securing a $39,990 vehicle next year seems far fetched. What price point would you expect for a single motor Y? I know prices seem to slowly drop over time (or value for dollar increases).

Dual Motor Long Range is $49,990. Obviously we know a 'standard range' version isn't being built, but Elon indicated the single motor LR could come out this year (has anyone heard rumors of that recently?).

In any case, my dream of securing a $39,990 vehicle next year seems far fetched. What price point would you expect for a single motor Y? I know prices seem to slowly drop over time (or value for dollar increases).

I would guess about $7k-$9k cheaper. If you are basing it off M3 Standard and LR... You looking at maybe starting at $40,990.

According to the MVPA on my AWD order, "Long Range AWD" costs $8,990.00. I wonder if you can just subtract this from the $49,990 starting price for a $41,000 "standard price". Maybe then you could look at the cost difference between RWD standard and RWD long range of the Model 3 to determine how much the long range on the Y will cost?

Reactions: Robocop
According to the MVPA on my AWD order, "Long Range AWD" costs $8,990.00. I wonder if you can just subtract this from the $49,990 starting price for a $41,000 "standard price". Maybe then you could look at the cost difference between RWD standard and RWD long range of the Model 3 to determine how much the long range on the Y will cost?
The $8,990.00 is for the Long Range AND AWD. So it would be safe to assume that the Long Range Single Motor RWD would be half the price of that package. So $41,000.00 + ~$4,000.00 would total around $45,000.00 for the Long Range RWD Model Y. The $39.999.00 Model Y that was at the unveil "was" the price of the standard range single motor which Tesla has scrapped. These are just my estimates.

The $8,990.00 is for the Long Range AND AWD. So it would be safe to assume that the Long Range Single Motor RWD would be half the price of that package. So $41,000.00 + ~$4,000.00 would total around $45,000.00 for the Long Range RWD Model Y. The $39.999.00 Model Y that was at the unveil "was" the price of the standard range single motor which Tesla has scrapped. These are just my estimates.
Yup, that's why I was thinking that we could look at the difference in price of the standard M3 vs the long range rwd M3

Reactions: 907XCP