Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Single Payment Business Lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any experience doing a single payment business lease?

Looking to lease a new Model X, but I need to keep my debt to income ratio as low as possible. I'll be purchasing a new home in the spring.

I have an LLC that I use for consulting work as a 2nd income outside of my day job, so I'm thinking if I single pay it under my LLC that would keep it off of my personal credit profile so it won't show up as a debt obligation.

Any info/direction here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

Hey Ron,

We bought a house almost exactly a year ago and found out through our lender and tesla finance dept. that leases for some reason don't show up on your credit profile until you have a late payment. You might want to call and double check with them, things might have changed but a year ago that's the way they were handling it. Hope that helps.

Thanks Joelhc.

Just to be clear, the tesla finance department told you that their leases don't show up on your credit profile unless you make a late payment? Also, did you go through a specific bank for your lease? I know Tesla often uses TD bank.

I recently came out of a Lexus lease, and that showed up on my profile from the start. No late payments made.

Thanks Joelhc.

Just to be clear, the tesla finance department told you that their leases don't show up on your credit profile unless you make a late payment? Also, did you go through a specific bank for your lease? I know Tesla often uses TD bank.

I recently came out of a Lexus lease, and that showed up on my profile from the start. No late payments made.

I've leased multiple car and they call showed up on a credit report.