Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sioux City, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible, but don't count on it. We had a supercharger built about a month ago in Robbinsdale, MN and it was still only V2. Personally, I'm speculating that V3 infrastructure is going to be limited to new installs in dense, high-traffic areas.

This was my reasoning.... quote from Elon

“We’ll focus on long-distance routes, so if you’re in a hurry to get from one city to another, you can go as fast as possible.”

Time will tell!

Does anyone have an idea of how to push this along with Tesla? I know they have it listed as “Coming soon” for 2019 ( Sioux City, IA | Tesla ), but since there doesn’t seem to be any permit applications on-file; I’m afraid it doesn’t look for this year!
I have two thoughts about this:
  1. Ha ha ha ha ha. Tesla is pretty talented at ignoring customer requests and interests.
  2. Tesla is supposedly working on the I-94 corridor across North Dakota and the I-29 corridor connecting Kansas City to Winnipeg. They apparently want to do contiguous sections and do not want to have gaps in straight line routes. The city currently holding up all of this is Alexandria MN. This site has been screwed with for several years, including full approval, then relocation.
Go kick some butt in Alexandria, and you'll see progress on the rest of the chain.

Does anyone have an idea of how to push this along with Tesla? I know they have it listed as “Coming soon” for 2019 ( Sioux City, IA | Tesla ), but since there doesn’t seem to be any permit applications on-file; I’m afraid it doesn’t look for this year!
We have more happening this year then there has been since it originally said due in 2018 back in 2017. So, lots to be hopeful for right now. I put it at about 65/35 that it's done by year end.

I stopped by the Hy-Vee at 4500 Sergeant Rd this afternoon and I didn't see any construction yet. I even drove around behind the building where they load/unload trailers. I did see the spot where I assume their electrical service transformer is located (a big green metal box on the ground). The parking lot actually didn't look that full, since it stretches all the way to the Hy-Vee Gas station to the north of the store.

Your pictures taken from a different angle on Saturday, August 10. And when I drove by yesterday I saw no signs or activities. IMG_20190810_194631.jpg IMG_20190810_194632.jpg

If you are 100% (or even close) coming from either Council Bluffs or Sioux Falls then you should be good on just 110v at the house you will be at.

Respectfully disagree, Sioux City should not be ignored just because you can plug into a 110 outlet and be good.

In the winter, Omaha to Sioux Falls is a huge leap for even 85kW cars depending on temp and wind.

Sioux City would also be useful for getting to Okoboji and Spencer. Both places have no fast charging infrastructure. In which a 110v wouldn’t even allow a return trip in a day of charging.

Regardless of having a family members house to charge at, a SC would be a great addition to promote EVs in even a not so traveled corridor by most who currently drive them.

Respectfully disagree, Sioux City should not be ignored just because you can plug into a 110 outlet and be good.

In the winter, Omaha to Sioux Falls is a huge leap for even 85kW cars depending on temp and wind.

Sioux City would also be useful for getting to Okoboji and Spencer. Both places have no fast charging infrastructure. In which a 110v wouldn’t even allow a return trip in a day of charging.

Regardless of having a family members house to charge at, a SC would be a great addition to promote EVs in even a not so traveled corridor by most who currently drive them.
Not sure what you are disagreeing with since I never said that Sioux City should be ignored. I was simply helping him/her see a way around leaving the car at a L2 for a while.

If you read back through other posts you will see me commenting on how bad a Sioux City Supercharger is needed.

Not sure what you are disagreeing with since I never said that Sioux City should be ignored. I was simply helping him/her see a way around leaving the car at a L2 for a while.

If you read back through other posts you will see me commenting on how bad a Sioux City Supercharger is needed.
Then I apologize. I mistook for plugging it into a wall to be the only resource to use.