Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sioux City, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a lifelong Kansan I did not know there was a Belleville, Ks. Maybe a decent connection between i70 and i80? I’d love to see them close the emporia to Tulsa gap somewhere without having to go through Wichita and OKC
It's located on highway 81 north of Salina. Yes, I'd love to be able to travel 377->177->77 without touching I-35 and I-135.

Reactions: kwjayhawk
Just got this back from Loves,
Hello Frank, thanks so much for the suggestion to install an electric charging feature for vehicles at our Sioux Falls, IA location. We have several locations across the country with charging features and would be happy to pass along your comments to the appropriate parties to look into updating this location as well! Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns we can assist with. We want to know what's important to you and appreciate the time you've taken to reach out to us!

Please stay safe out there!

Best regards,
Kirsten R.
Love's Travel Stops​
I did comment back about the "Sioux Falls" comment. =)

Reactions: gnavi and bruce4000
Love's Travel Stop would be a great site! Quality upscale services and they do have SCs at other locations. Let's deluge them with requests at: Love's Contact Us Feel free to copy and paste the following... "Dear Love's, as members of the Tesla owners club, we'd be very grateful (and generous with our $$) if you added a Tesla Supercharger to your Sioux City, IA location. I29 (and US75) are very busy roadways and we'd put good $$ in your till! You can reach Tesla at Charging Partners | Tesla or at Contact | Tesla Thanks for considering it!" Or anything else you think might work. It's time to get this I29 / US75 SC gap closed! We can ALL use Charging Partners | Tesla to suggest/promote/push-for a particular SC location.
Done!

Reactions: frnkblk
Just got this back from Loves,
Hello Frank, thanks so much for the suggestion to install an electric charging feature for vehicles at our Sioux Falls, IA location. We have several locations across the country with charging features and would be happy to pass along your comments to the appropriate parties to look into updating this location as well! Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns we can assist with. We want to know what's important to you and appreciate the time you've taken to reach out to us!

Please stay safe out there!

Best regards,
Kirsten R.
Love's Travel Stops​
I did comment back about the "Sioux Falls" comment. =)[/QUOTE
Good! We need Sioux City, do not need Sioux Falls.

Wanted to share that MidAmerican Energy is looking to place a second DCFC in Sioux City:
"MidAmerican is seeking site hosts for EV charging facilities in the following cities: Adel, Ankeny, Bettendorf, Charles City, Colfax, Correctionville, Council Bluffs, Cumming, Davenport, Des Moines, Grimes, Iowa City, Johnston, Latimer, Le Claire, Le Mars, Missouri Valley, Norwalk, Pleasant Hill, Polk City, Sioux City, St. Charles, Urbandale, Waukee and West Des Moines.
The company opened ultra-fast chargers in Avoca, Davenport, De Soto, Early, Fort Dodge and Waterloo. Three more sites are in development, including locations in Sioux City, Ankeny and Iowa City."
Des Moines is target area for MidAmerican's EV fast chargers expansion

I have a query into MidAmerican Energy to find out if PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You is the one that's "in development" or if that's possibly the first of three total DCFC sites in the great Sioux City area.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Wanted to share that MidAmerican Energy is looking to place a second DCFC in Sioux City:
"MidAmerican is seeking site hosts for EV charging facilities in the following cities: Adel, Ankeny, Bettendorf, Charles City, Colfax, Correctionville, Council Bluffs, Cumming, Davenport, Des Moines, Grimes, Iowa City, Johnston, Latimer, Le Claire, Le Mars, Missouri Valley, Norwalk, Pleasant Hill, Polk City, Sioux City, St. Charles, Urbandale, Waukee and West Des Moines.
The company opened ultra-fast chargers in Avoca, Davenport, De Soto, Early, Fort Dodge and Waterloo. Three more sites are in development, including locations in Sioux City, Ankeny and Iowa City."

I have a query into MidAmerican Energy to find out if PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You is the one that's "in development" or if that's possibly the first of three total DCFC sites in the great Sioux City area.
Perfect! So now I'll be able to drive our cheap 150 mile range Leaf from SF to Omaha, but not our Tesla. Awesome! Haha.

• Disagree
Reactions: mociaf9

Also, when is the first one expected to be done?

Also, when is the first one expected to be done?
Just heard back from MidAmerican Energy -- their first site in Sioux City will be located at the Kum & Go at 1005 Gordon Drive. He said that the site is currently under construction and they hope to open it up in the next couple of weeks.
I'm not sure what the status of the HyVee site is in South Sioux City, but it would appear that by the end of 2021 there might be three DCFC in the Sioux City -- further validation for my investment in Telsa's CHAdeMO adapter.
Hopefully none of this dissuades Tesla from getting a site in place in Sioux City.

Reactions: HyperionMark
Just heard back from MidAmerican Energy -- their first site in Sioux City will be located at the Kum & Go at 1005 Gordon Drive. He said that the site is currently under construction and they hope to open it up in the next couple of weeks.
I'm not sure what the status of the HyVee site is in South Sioux City, but it would appear that by the end of 2021 there might be three DCFC in the Sioux City -- further validation for my investment in Telsa's CHAdeMO adapter.
Hopefully none of this dissuades Tesla from getting a site in place in Sioux City.
Might have to invest in one myself!
What power level we talking on these units?