Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Siri from the steering wheel???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may be worth mentioning that Siri is already pretty accessible through existing, widely available Bluetooth hands-free support. Both with my Nissan LEAF's stock system and my RAV4's Pioneer aftermarket system, I can reach over and hold down the home button on my iPhone to initiate voice interaction with Siri though the car's microphone and speakers (as opposed to the phone's). The a/v system mutes the current audio and Siri chirps and I can make vocal requests for info, send a message or whatever and the answers come back through the car speakers. That's just Bluetooth support. So it's reasonable to expect at least this level of "integration" with the Model S. Though of course how well that works in the presence of noise is largely dependent on your car's microphone and noise cancellation. The LEAF's works great...

I'll second that. I find the LEAF hands-free audio works very well. I listen to the radio every day on my commute, and when a call comes in, just clear conversation then back to the music when done. SIRI works as well in the car as it does when I am using the handset by itself... Which is to say sometimes it mis-hears me either way...