Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius Radio does not turn off sometimes after out of car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a problem with the radio sometimes not turning off after out of the car. I think it may just be with Sirius radio but not sure yet? Sometimes wife comes home and tells me my radio is on in the car when she pulls in garage. Afraid it is draining the 12V battery

There is another thread that ended up to get service involved with no conclusive reason for this. One person said open and shut the door again stopped his radio. One person said the AC continued on. Maybe a seat sensor, or seat belt sensor? Something in the seat that makes the car think it is still occupied? etc.

I'm having this same issue with my 2022 Plaid.

I'll arrive at a location that is in my favorites, so while it'll lock I don't have sentry turned on.
I get out of the car, the main screen displays the full charge screen, ie it knows my butt isn't in the seat anymore
The radio turns off
I walk away, car locks itself and folds the mirrors.
A few seconds later after I've gone inside the house the streaming audio starts up again.

This is the second time in as many weeks this has occurred. Only resolution is to hit the pause button on the streaming screen. If I go back to unlock/sit/get out/walk away the radio will turn off but will turn back on again after a few moments.

Software version 2022.24.5