Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius Radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After The latest update 2022-4.5 my Sirius radio icon is completely gone and there is also no app for it either. Why does this happen. I want this to work in the $100,000 car. Is it that difficult to stop messing with this. I subscribe to it and want it to be my choice to not enable it. This has been a problem for years. It’s glitchy but this time it’s gone. Elon - coke on. I have a new one in order and actually may cancel.

After The latest update 2022-4.5 my Sirius radio icon is completely gone and there is also no app for it either. Why does this happen. I want this to work in the $100,000 car. Is it that difficult to stop messing with this. I subscribe to it and want it to be my choice to not enable it. This has been a problem for years. It’s glitchy but this time it’s gone. Elon - coke on. I have a new one in order and actually may cancel.
I’ve noticed that Sirius briefly disappears after most recent firmware updates. Rebooting and having car outside so it can re-establish satellite link works for me.

Reactions: DerbyDave
I have been told that Tesla is well aware of the problem, but my research says they have had this issue for years/ As is usually the case, they do not respond to requests for help. Meanwhile, I am paying for a subscription to SeriusXM and getting no product. Not fair.

When I got my S LR+ in June 2020, SiriusXM seemed stable. Late 2020, it started to get worse, and has never recovered stability. What is really bothersome is that SiriusXM works differently or not at all on the same software from Tesla for different owners. After each update, I have been able to work to get it working, but there is little consistency with what breaks. My current problem is that audio is sometimes lost. I have found if I toggle mute off on on a couple of times, it will come back. Also, for several updates, there is a scratchiness, static in the volume control when you change the volume, like a corroded resistive volume control. It also happens when I press the up and down volume buttons on the control panel touchscreen. Surely there is not a motorized analog volume control in the MCU somewhere, but I sure can't understand any other possible cause for this. The static sometimes sounds without moving the volume controls. Moving the volume control quickly causes quick scratchiness sounds, like a bad potentiometer.

Same thing happened to me. I recently purchased a 2021 S (not refreshed) and it had XM working fine in it. Last Friday evening the software updated and Saturday morning XM is gone. I chatted with Tesla customer support and they basically said sorry and to call service and ask cost of some type of upgrade possibly needed? Just crazy that one day the hardware and software is fine for XM and then the next day it's totally gone. Really disappointed.

Check the audio sources section...

V11 removed the audio sources screen, 2022.4.5 brought it back but a lot are reporting SiriusXM (and others) are defaulting to off.

1A03D519-E40E-499F-9BA7-AD8712AB0159.jpeg

I am running the latest advanced Beta FSD, 2021.44.30.10. It does not have Sources to Enable of Disable, and lists them all. Audio Settings does not have a "Sources" choice.
Yep, thats exactly what it looked like in the original V11 before they added back in the toggle screen. Looks like you may have to wait for them to bring that screen back on the FSD version.

Back in 2020, you could manually enter a channel number. Now, the channels are somewhat scrambled. Anyway, look at the channel guide, and find a channel near the channel you want (219?). Select it on your radio, and use the arrow buttons to manually move up or down a channel at a time until you find your channel. Some channels will display the channel number while others do not. You can save your channel as a favorite once you find it by pressing the star button in the channel details. Good Luck!

Hello Everyone,
First post here. Just picked up a 2018 Model S 75D on Monday. Bought it straight from Tesla with about 20K miles. We specifically bought a sunroof car with Sirius capability, and although it had the infotainment upgrade we confirmed the Sirius update was done as well to retain FM/Sirius. Anyway, all was well as we got the preview channel, we transferred our service to the S and everything was fine. Now, as of last night's software update, Sirius is gone. No icon, not listed in the audio sources anymore, nothing. Just gone. Being new to Tesla where do we even go to begin to complain or figure this out? Thanks a lot for any input!

There is a problem with Tesla's software programming interface with Sirius, and has been for over a year, but it is much worse lately. The dealer cannot do anything but try to contact the programmers at Tesla. So far, every update seems worse. The channel numbers have changed at Sirius, but the Tesla does not update them, so they are scrambled. Sirius disappears completely for days, and then comes back. Usually after updates, it definitely disappears. Sometimes a reboot helps, but not always. There is also a scratchiness, static, distortion that is evident, particularly when you adjust the volume. Yesterday, I rebooted 3 times. After I gave up it appeared while driving. Good luck. If you know Elon Musk, you might mention this issue to him, because evidently Tesla does not care.