Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius Radio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is your first issue with Sirius? This has been happening through several updates to many. Best advice is to put the car where it can see the satellites and reboot. Take two aspirin and wait a few days. Prayer might help. :) Updates need to settle in a couple of days now. It may magically come back on.

mine sometime just wont come on....cant change channels or go to other xm stations.....sometimes it will come on by itself....but what a pain in the ass....called Sirius and they sent new link to start up and refresh......took 3-5 min.....worked ok the happened again.....took some time but then worked again after I 3-buttoned reboot.....asked for compensation and they are charging me $10.32 for a year.....full programs

Does this mean we can not use Sirius through Tesla, except for streaming it through the data connection of our phones? How much data does it use, for those of us without unlimited data plans?

I have Sirius but rarely use it in our Subaru Ascent and have never tried to use it in the Tesla.

Thanks.

This is a software bug that Tesla has had affecting SiriusXM disappearing and reappearing. I think mine got fixed to stay showing as a source in the last update several days ago. Of course some of the issues could be a bad SiriusXM radio module, but likely not many. If you are under warranty open up a service ticket. The model s gets SiriusXM unless you have an older model with sunroof.

I do not see a Sirius app in the area of the radio information where I see Tidal and other things I also do not use. It that where it is supposed to be? I don't recall seeing one before, but I was not looking for it (or for other apps).

I called Sirius about it. They said I need a second subscription to use it in the Tesla (the main is in our Subaru Ascent). Naively, I thought that it was good for both cars. We have used the Ascent a lot less in the pandemic and we use Sirius veru little anyway. I'm certainly not going to have two subscriptions, so I am going to leave it as is for now. Maybe sometime I'll switch it to the Tesla. Sorry if I confused anyone (I mean, besides me!).