Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius/XM app comes and goes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, SiriusXM had been working pretty good. I haven't gotten any updates from Tesla. Today it happened. Lost SiriusXM completely. Not in Sources. It just decided not to appear. While driving, I rebooted once -- nothing; twice -- nothing; third time it appears, and all is back to "normal". It doesn't make computer sense that it would just suddenly disappear, and rebooting would not restore it until the third reboot. Why would it disappear? Why would it take 3 reboots to fix? Why not 102 reboots? Computers are not supposed to dynamically change logic and produce unpredictable results without a change in inputs. Is this new Tesla neural processing, where the processor gets moody?

I have this issue as well. It seems to happen every time a software update occurs. Once it comes back, it works fine until the next update. I haven't figured out what causes it to reappear. I did a software update this morning and it's gone again.

I have this issue as well. It seems to happen every time a software update occurs. Once it comes back, it works fine until the next update. I haven't figured out what causes it to reappear. I did a software update this morning and it's gone again.
+1. I have 2021 refresh and I loose Sirius every software update. It usually re-appears within driving 50km. Occasionally I have lost it in between updates, and same thing, it magically re-appears after a bit of driving.

Reactions: touchton
My radio is typically tuned to a SiriusXM station. Normally, when I get into the car the radio is muted and I have to press the left scroll ball to unmute the radio. This seems to be normal behavior when things are working properly. Sometimes I get into the car and the radio is already unmuted... The radio is now tuned to a terrestrial station and SiriusXM may or may not be in the sources menu. If it's in the sources menu, I can select it and it plays as usual. If not, I have to wait for it to magically reappear. It will usually reappear in an hour or so.

It seems to consistently lose SiriusXM when a software update is performed. I've only performed updates when the car is parked in my garage. Maybe, when the a reboot occurs after an update the car looks for a signal from the SiriusXM satellites and because it's in the garage, it doesn't receive the signal. Thus, removing SiriusXM from the sources menu. Who knows? This thing has a mind of its own.

I had a software update Thursday evening and this time I didn't lose SiriusXM as a source. The radio was not tuned to Sirius XM after the update. It was tuned to a local radio station, maybe the first thing in my 'favorites'. But, SiriusXM was still in my sources and I was able to select a SiriusXM station easily.